Where is CMOS battery located in computer and how does it work?

what is the use of this battery in computer system?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Cmos battery is in the Motherboard
    Can you tell the model of your computer, That will help us in identifying CMOS battery?

Also it is a Cylinder in shape, but it's height is too small
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The main purpose of the CMOS battery is to power the motherboard when the system is shutdown. Without this power the motherboard won't be able to keep the system clock running.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    A little SILVER COLORED COIN on motherboard .It Keeps the system clock running round d clock.

remove-battery

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

then how a folder can create which shut down pc?
You can test your's https://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english Please post results here and see who is fastest among us?
Well, once a man gets married, lots of things change. Mad wild nights out with friends will change to watching Newhour with Arnab Goswami (although the latter is arguably wilder)....
Previously, I have done some experiments with the ADSL splitter. I have been going ahead with more experiments, now I would like to post all of them here, including the...
If the "100 pico-Kelvin" does not give you an idea - it's just 10 billionth of a degree above absolute zero; −273.15°C on Celsius scale. The theory says that at...