Where do you see yourself after 10 years?

One of the questions asked during campus interview is "Where do u see yourself after 10 years?"
I heard many answers from friends but can't decide the right one to say.. Need your help CEans..
Please help..

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am afraid that I may have to pass on this. At 73, it may not be wise to say anything. However, the story goes that all Chem Es go to Hell. Being Chem Es and there being a lot of surplus heat available, they centrally air conditioned it and there being no ban on fun (sin?) and games all have a grand time.
    I have a personal problem with this though. I am a minority of one in liking the weather as it is. I refused AC in my office. Even the fan is rarely used.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    In mirror.I Heard it from my seniours who had attended the interview..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I want to see myself being a part of grown, well-established CrazyEngineers; working on super-amazing projects with fellow CEans.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    N.SACHIN
    In mirror.I Heard it from my seniours who had attended the interview..
    Did they get selected???😕
    I dont think that it is the answer that HR would expect!
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Identify an answer which will show that you are an ambitious person.Try to think yourself because that will be genuine and easy for you to express.
    Suppose imagining 10 years ahead is not easy,so i believe you can always say what you will be after 5/3 years(That is more easy than 10 years ).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    "In the mirror" would be a great way to get rejected right away by the HRs. All the HRs I knew were seriously humour-challenged. They preferred all the boring answers that are being used for centuries.

10 years down the line, I want to be happy and have made a significant positive impact to at least a 100,000 people's lives.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I will say as a clear cut entrepreneur of my own innovations that has turned into a passion in me now a days

But the HR need to be satiated don't know what they will think of my answer

Any HRs I am open for suggestions please do comment here
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    jeffrey samuel
    I will say as a clear cut entrepreneur of my own innovations that has turned into a passion in me now a days
    Dont you think that this answer will lead to another question as "Why shall we hire you then?"
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sweet_honey
    Dont you think that this answer will lead to another question as "Why shall we hire you then?"
    I don't care about this question If the person pesters me to answer my answer was I need investment to start my own

But now plans are changing and answer will have to think for a while

Any two more years are left for me to think of a nice answer and face my interview

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are studying Workstudy and Ergonomics in this semester. We are taught that each and every movement of the worker is recorded to calculate the standard time.. Even the separate...
Here is a list of project ideas based on Bioinformatics. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This list...
GIS or Geographic or Geospatial information system is a rapidly growing field. Research on this topic is at its peak and students are opting for GIS projects in their third...
how bucholz relay perform their function in transformer?
how does radio frequency transmittr and reciever wrks