Where Can I Get Sanskrit Texts/ videos of All Vedas?

I want to collect all four Vedas in their original Sanskrit form (with translation if possible, it will make my job less time consuming). I checked internet but could not find it. Can anybody help me?

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    hey , i have already downloaded all the four vedas.
    i downloaded it from hindublogspot(i don't remember the site very well).
    well i'll tried uploading the files here but got the error as the files are too large.
    please suggest me how to do this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shailaja revathi
    well i'll tried uploading the files here but got the error as the files are too large.
    You will be able to do that soon. We're rolling out a few changes.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    shailaja revathi
    Upload in google drive/dropbox and share the link 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue
    I want to collect all four Vedas in their original Sanskrit form (with translation if possible, it will make my job less time consuming). I checked internet but could not find it. Can anybody help me?
    Try these:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just out of curiosity - is Ayurveda not a part of all the vedas? Pardon my ignorance.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    ianoop
    Upload in google drive/dropbox and share the link 😀
    i don't have the link with me ,i only have the books downloaded.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just out of curiosity - is Ayurveda not a part of all the vedas? Pardon my ignorance.
    No it isn't. It has similar name like Yajurveda, maybe that has caused confusion.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ayurveda it is written by Dhanvantari whereas vedas(as specified in myths) are qouted into texts as they came out of Bramha's mouth.
    hence other vedas( as Rig,Yajur,Atharva and SAM) are considered to be sacred and ayurved is not included as part of the vedas.😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. Just read information about it on Wikipedia. Curious to know what role did Maharshi Vaghbhatta played in writing the principles of Ayurveda? This topic is quite interesting for me 😀
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I found "Upanishad Ganga", aired on DD1 every sunday 10 AM, very helpful in understanding the basic tenets of Vedas. They have a facebook page as well #-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. Just read information about it on Wikipedia. Curious to know what role did Maharshi Vaghbhatta played in writing the principles of Ayurveda? This topic is quite interesting for me 😀
    My former chief Dr.M.S.Valiathan, the founder director of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum worte a massive trilogy of the the “Great Three” (Brhatrayi) of Ayurveda, with his predecessors, Caraka and Susruta. The Legacy of Vagbhata is nearly 1000 pages long.

Here is an article reviewing the book:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow, looks like an interesting book to read. I recently read that Maharshi Charak has described the complete procedure of cataract surgery and the special equipments used for it in depth - centuries ago before the modern science 're-discovered' it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My chief and I had many discussions on these fascinating trio. India seems to have had its own Dark Age, else how do we explain the loss of such advanced clinical knowledge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the knowledge was 'destroyed'. Our libraries were burnt and as the story goes, the libraries kept burning for 6 weeks (or months?). Then the history was rewritten by the rulers to make Indians feel ashamed of their own past.

Our dark age was during the time when rulers ruled us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anybody provide links for PHP tutorials ???
Well this is worth reading here. Many wonder the stability of a particle is theoretical Here is one such which is almost proving that the Universe We are in is...
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has announced the ambitious 10000 startups program. The program aims to fund, incubate, nurture and mentor over 10000 startup companies in...
What is 'Zigbee'? I have seen a lot of project topics on it. I am searching for my final year project topic. So how should I proceed if I want...
Alright, check this out! 40 knots. Let's break this down engineer style! Who wants to discus and figure out it's composition or the engineering & physics behind how it works?