When you die, will you leave a legacy?

When you die, will you leave a legacy?

Should we feel under an obligation to leave footprints on the sands of time? I am in engineering for the simple selfish reason that I like it.
Read this interesting article:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vinci
    vinci
    i have a passion to deal with IT and tackling puzzles here and thats why i am in engineering.With no prior knowledge of IT ,i chose it as my goal and still i am active in this field . well good post 😀
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    As i have searched for my purpose in life i would really like to leave a legacy behind. My goal in life before i die is to be an innovator and create or discover something amazing. I would like to benefit the entire world in someway or another. I found my gifts of creativity and philosophy so i don't want them to go to waste. Ultimately, morality would be my purpose in life. I'd like to be known as a brilliant, wise, and as a good sameritan who created something whether it is of entertainment such as music, a scientific discovery, or an invention. I would feel as if my life was incomplete if i did not complete a goal such as that. A legacy is very important to me.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ProdigiousJ
    As i have searched for my purpose in life i would really like to leave a legacy behind. My goal in life before i die is to be an innovator and create or discover something amazing. I would like to benefit the entire world in someway or another. I found my gifts of creativity and philosophy so i don't want them to go to waste. Ultimately, morality would be my purpose in life. I'd like to be known as a brilliant, wise, and as a good sameritan who created something whether it is of entertainment such as music, a scientific discovery, or an invention. I would feel as if my life was incomplete if i did not complete a goal such as that. A legacy is very important to me.
    I agree. All I am saying is that this ego bioramani dies here and has no further existence. I just do not find a meaning to want to lay posthumous claim to what that did in its life.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    bioramani
    I agree. All I am saying is that this ego bioramani dies here and has no further existence. I just do not find a meaning to want to lay posthumous claim to what that did in its life.
    Sir, why do you speak so?
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Oh
    bioramani
    Oh i see what you're saying. I would say that we shouldn't feel "obligated" but ultimately it's up to the individual. It could act as a personal method of motivation. In that we could speak about religion. It's not utterly about belief but about faith. I would rather my footprints in the sands of time not be disgraceful. The desire to leave particular footprints behind is like a goal in the big picture. A lot of the time it is what moves man forward.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes. I get totally annoyed when people say "You won't take anything with you when you die". My point is, facts are facts. But I want to leave 'a lot' for the people which will make their lives better. My selfish reason is that people will remember me for what I left for them, not what I earned for myself.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    People say ""You won't take anything with you when you die", in the context that one should not obessesed to collect money for your own luxury because nothing will go with you but only thing will lost long is your name & what you did for the world.

Everyone wants to leave a lot of legecy for their people whom they love.
    but , a very true hindi saying that: "Poot sapoot, to kyon dhan sanchay, Poot kapoot, to kyon dhan sanchay".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concept of Secured Communication in Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views...
Concept of Multimedia Services in Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views...
Freak weapons: https://www.wired.com/dangerroom/201...+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))
Nothing wrong in dreaming about hitting 2000 mph in a car! https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/is-a-2000-mph-car-actually-possible?src=rss
An Overview of Compiler in Compiler Design was explained by Prof.Y.N.Srikant, Department of Computer Science and Automation, IISC Bangalore. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views here…