WhatsApp's new update to bring locked recordings, sticker packs, 68 minutes to delete sent messages

The Facebook-owned WhatsApp is consistently working on new features to improve the user experience of its instant messaging platform which is currently used by over a billion people. For Android users, WhatsApp releases or tests new feature updates through the Google Play Beta Program. As per the recent report from an update tracker blog for WhatsApp, the latest final beta version of 2.18.71 has brought the 'Locked recording' feature and new sticker packs.

whatsapp-update-1

The 'Locked recording' feature has already been introduced on iOS devices last year. As the name suggests, this feature basically makes it easy to record and send voice messages to other users. Previously on an Android smartphone to record a voice message, the user had to tap and hold the dedicated green mic button until the recording is completed.
This was a bit annoying as sometimes a finger slip might result in an incomplete voice note getting delivered. Now with the update, one just needs to tap on the green mic button and slide up to start recording. When done, simply click on the mic button again to stop recording and then send it. Also, a ‘Preview Recording’ component is expected which will allow users to listen to the voice recording before sending it out.

whatsapp-update-2
The newest developments also hint towards WhatsApp planning to bring the stickers features to the app where users will be able to see the size of the different packs before downloading it.
Additionally, WhatsApp has also extended the time limit for its 'Delete for Everyone' feature. Until now, users could delete a message after sending it for only up to a timespan of 420 seconds (7 minutes). Looks like, the 7 minutes were really less as now the threshold is bumped up all the way to 4096 seconds which is around 68 minutes and 16 seconds.
As we have learned, another nifty feature is in the pipeline which will help tackle spam messages or fake news by showing a 'Forwarded message' label on top of the message, if it has been forwarded from other chats.

Please note, the above features are still in beta testing and are not available on the regular version of the app. The updates are expected to roll out for all users by the end of this month.

Source: WhatsApp beta for Android 2.18.70 and 2.18.71: what's new? | WABetaInfo

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The South-Korean consumer electronics giant, Samsung is all set to launch its latest flagships Galaxy S9 and S9+ in India today. The said smartphones were first unveiled at MWC Barcelona...
Hello! I am student at master PSGISDD( Spatial Planning and GIS for sustainable development ) and I need some ideas for the final dissertation project . I finished geodesic engineering....
I have done my MTech in Geotech and now working with MNC but now I m planing to do MS in structural so I want to knw about the -...
Dear All, I'm learning about how to choose cable size,i knew to calculate the load current but i don't know how to calculate derating current, voltage drop and other factors.....Suggest...
In an attempt to make the Apache RTR 200 4V more snappier, the TVS Motor Company has launched an updated version of the bike dubbed as Apache RTR 200 4V...