WhatsApp Voice-Calling For iPhone Confirmed, Uncertain For Android.

Telecom operators are already pissed off at the many apps eating up their revenue, and now WhatsApp is further fueling their agony by introducing the new voice-calling feature for iPhone. WhatsApp CEO did announce in the past that he'd introduce voice-calling in the app for Android and iOS versions, later followed by Blackberry and Microsoft. Now some sources have spotted a popup that seeks user's permission to use the microphone, hinting that voice-calling may be hitting the app sooner than expected. The popup is noticeable to only those people who have not already allowed the app access their device's microphone.

whatsapp-logo

Whatsapp has had a huge role in brutally murdering the SMS (well, almost!), followed by voice-messages, and well, voice-calling could be the ultimate feature that would further cement the already 600-million-user-strong app's position as a must-have in smartphones. Nothing about this feature rolling out for Android has been mentioned anywhere yet.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The Android users for WhatsApp ought to be frowning on being left out. I think they should seriously consider launching a Desktop variant for WhatsApp. Thousands of users will bless the company.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I agree with your point of launching Desktop application for whats app. That will be really great for people.
    Even if android users do not get voice calling, but if everyone has the Desktop application frowning of android users will be not much.

But whatever whats app and viber are the best apps which cannot be replaced with another apps so soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Having successfully ordered the Xiaomi Redmi 1s right in the first sale and then repeating the success in the second batch of Redmi 1s sale on Flipkart - I think...
Name: Ancy Tom Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Kottayam, Kerala Occupation: Completed Engineering in 2014, Now working as business development executive and .net traniee in a small firm, Work Experience:...
Hi, I am working in industrial refrigeration.We are facing problems in refrigerator like condensation in unit..so how we can overcome this condensation?
Hi i invented a new mobile charger . My project concept is charge mobiles anywhere and anytime without give any inputs . I complete prototypes of my project. I want...
I need some business ideas in manufacturing of electrical parts and green energy. Kindly reply quickly.