WhatsApp For Android Can Now Hide 'Last Seen' Message, Latest Update Is Here

After Whatapp’s acquisition by Facebook for $19 billion, Whatapp is again in news for its new update that brings in a feature allowing Android users to hide their 'last seen' message from others. This feature was previously only available for iOS users, but now android users can take its advantage too. The update is not available on Google Play but you can download the app from the official Whatsapp website. To download these updates you should have an Android version of 2.1 or higher along with an unlimited data plan. Currently the updates are only available for Android mobile phones, not tablets.

whatapp_1

The new update not only lets you hide your 'last seen' notification but also allows you to hide your profile picture and status from friends as well as from strangers. Many changes cannot be done by iOS users that are available on Android such as hiding or unhiding their visible status at any moment without having to wait for whole 24 hrs. The iOS version of Whatsapp also lacks the feature of hiding their profile picture and status from friends as well as strangers.

Many of us were eagerly waiting for this update to come. You can download the latest version of the app from the company's #-Link-Snipped-# and get started.

What do you think of this update of whatapp? Suggest with your comments below.

Replies

• vedant jagirdar
    vedant jagirdar
    Please add source url to your post :- or else we have to file complain in DMCA.
  • Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    vedant jagirdar
    Please add source url to your post :- or else we have to file complain in DMCA.
    Well its a news article and the source is given in "the company's #-Link-Snipped-#.
    This news is published on different sites claiming it yours is wrong.
  • vedant jagirdar
    vedant jagirdar
    Ya i know it is a news, but we have posted it first. Other big website like bgr.in and NDTV Gadgets and many others have already added our source. So expect the same from you..

Thanks.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    vedant jagirdar
    Ya i know it is a news, but we have posted it first. Other big website like bgr.in and NDTV Gadgets and many others have already added our source. So expect the same from you..

Thanks.
    But you did not make the news up, did you? If Mr. Joshi has read the news on Whatsapp s website rather than on your website, Why would he list you as the source?
  • vedant jagirdar
    vedant jagirdar
    Please Go and check it. This news is not available on WhatsApp's website.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Now (after Facebook-WhatsApp deal) it makes me think whether these updates are inspired-by-Facebook or what.
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    Now (after Facebook-WhatsApp deal) it makes me think whether these updates are inspired-by-Facebook or what.
    Hahah..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between complexity of Binary Knapsack and Fractional Knapsack?
I am thinking about doing the CCIE certification. Till date, this is the most toughest certify in the industry and am going to give it a try. Any suggestions or...
I wonder where really technology is taking us into, already much advance happened in mobile space and lot of see down the future. It seems, ideas were running out and...
list out some subjects from btech ece syllabus which are important for placement?list out some subjects from btech ece syllabus which are important for placement?
Thermoelectric materials that bank on temperature difference to create electric potential may soon get improved, thanks to the research work on nanoscale pillars by a team from University of Colorado...