WhatsApp Alternative For Java Phones - Any Suggestions?

Yesterday evening one of my friend's mum called me up to ask if I can install WhatsApp on her old phone. I now have it and it's a Samsung Duos Rex 30 phone. I googled up to find if there was a way to install Whatsapp on Java Phones and I saw that many people have created fake links to download WhatsApp.jar and WhatsApp.jad files and even written elaborate tutorials to share how to install them on a java phone. However, the trouble is, none of them seem to work.

Therefore I wanted to know if any of you have Java phones and have tried installing WhatsApp over it. If not, could you suggest any WhatsApp alternative for java that can be tried on her phone?

Looking forward to suggestions.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Guys, any suggestions?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    For Nokia S40 (java phones like 3310, 6300) phones, official support is there.
    Open following URL on your S40 phone: #-Link-Snipped-# .
    If the phone is not Nokia S40, Try this link for java version. (Not working)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    For Nokia S40 (java phones like 3310, 6300) phones, official support is there.
    Open following URL on your S40 phone: #-Link-Snipped-# .
    If the phone is not Nokia S40, Try Whatsapp for Java Phones - How to Download and Install for java version.
    Yes. I have tried the link from crazyprogrammer. Apparently, it doesn't work on Samsung Rex series phones. Also, the links on that blog are no longer working.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I searched a lot, couldn't find single solution. For Symbian S40 devices there is official support but I don't think Duos Rex 30 uses Symbian OS. Maybe it's using Bada OS.
    Try : #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks, I will try both links and get back here with an update.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    None of those links work.
    Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com
    On Flipkart, there's no mention of Bada OS either.
    Looks like I will have to return the phone without WhatsApp. No other solution.
  • teciworld
    teciworld
    hello ankita, you should try #-Link-Snipped-# but it is still confusing that it will be working in your phone or not. in case your friend's mum or family member or friend are searching for how they can download and use whatsapp on pc then you can let them know about hope you like this
    thanks...
  • Sam Denis Wilson
    Sam Denis Wilson
    If its running Bada OS then .jar or .jad files should run else use a java emulator to run the file.
    you can download the watsapp_bada_os.jar (#-Link-Snipped-#) file from my cloud.
    Let me know if it works !!!
  • tushargoyal357
    tushargoyal357
    You should once check out KIK for PC . It has user friendly interface and lots of sticker and cartoons to share your feelings without words.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That looks a lot like spam. Had to remove the link.
  • tushargoyal357
    tushargoyal357
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That looks a lot like spam. Had to remove the link.
    It ok..... i just gave link as a source. But still kik messenger is a good option weather you use it on phone or PC.
  • Ashu Malik
    Ashu Malik
    Instagram would be a good choice and you can even run in on your PC.I would go for Instagram or Retrica
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ashu Malik
    Instagram would be a good choice and you can even run in on your PC.I would go for Instagram or Retrica
    Thank you for spamming the thread with useless information.

I've seen some of my friends use Nimbuzz app on their Java phones. Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung's sent out passes to the media that drops hints at what to expect from the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2015 event. The event is scheduled on March 1 in Barcelona...
mam, plz tell latest IES syllabus for electrical branch...also tel what it takes to crack this exam? Should we keep attempting it in the hope of cracking it?
A lot of users seem to be looking for the best BSNL broadband plan for home. The problem with this is that you can't simple point at a plan and...
If you have been waiting to own your own XBOX in India, Microsoft has a sweet surprise for you. In its bid to expand its hold on the Indian market...
Project Abstract / Summary : Drone is an unmanned quad-copter specially engineered for problems related to Search operations, Traffic monitoring, Quick Delivery of products, Aerial Surveillance and much more. The...