What's your take on advertisements on websites?

Internet advertising has allowed several websites to operate without having to charge money to the users; and CrazyEngineers is one of them. While they are absolutely essential; they can damage the overall user experience. I sometimes wonder if there's a way to include advertisements without disturbing the user's interaction with the site.

What do you think about advertising on the Internet? Do you find it useful?

Replies

• Tilak Marupilla
    Tilak Marupilla
    Sir, When I travel on a road or wait in a traffic junction, I got accustomed to seeing them on big hoardings and they are not a problem as long as they don't obstruct me in anyway.
    Similarly in websites, if they don't cover the whole page or create malicious popups, they are certainly good.
  • Sandra James
    Sandra James
    Advertisements on websites are quite annoying sometimes. This is especially because they are completely irrelevant to the content that I am working on. If the advertisement has some relevance then I can at least consider checking it out.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    With the content and information that we have, giving relevant information will always help.
    Say someone posted a question and we show some relative answer from some website automatically. That creates good experience.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Advertisement is fine as long as it's not annoying to users. Simply because they are bad scheme and trying to take attention.
    I recently saw on Quora, they add advertisement between post but these are very much blended with color scheme, don't take much space. Some times useful. Doesn't have to selling the product.
    Banner ads are useless and it kind of turn away users.
    CE is place where people scroll through page. So header banner is not useful.
    Moreover, using google ads are not useful. Most users are already engineers and know about blockers. I would suggest to add small post kind of ads between posts which are not annoying. Picture banners are not good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you were wondering, what benefits we tech lovers are going to get from the GST (Goods and Services Tax) implementation in India, then here is a good news for...
Wish you many happy returns of the day @Kaustubh Katdare. Long live you and our beloved CE...I wish both will get great success. Celebration time !! -CB
Howdy CEans! It's been a tradition on CrazyEngineers to celebrate the anniversary of our site with fellow members whom we fondly call CEans. Last week has been super fun as...
OnePlus has released a brand new version of their operating system OxygenOS for OnePlus 5. This update is still in its beta version and is based on Android 8 (Oreo)...
In recent times, artificial lighting has taken a massive leap thanks to adoption of LED lights as they offer greater brightness and low power consumption.While this turn of events might...