Whats your favourite Anti Virus?

Whats your favourite antivirus software,discuss about its advantages and disadvantages.
Why do you prefer it?

Replies

• vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i am using avira as it detects more viruses in a short span of time. and similtaneously i am using microsoft security essientials by microsoft
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    m also using avira, it is very lite and also detect more viruses
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    vinod12345madhu
    i am using avira as it detects more viruses in a short span of time. and similtaneously i am using microsoft security essientials by microsoft
    using multiple antiviruses on one system is a foolish thing to do. most people do this as they do not know about the disadvantages of doing so and are equipped with the misinformation of the so called 'advantages of using multiple antivirus software'.

antiviruses use a technique called real time scanning which uses dedicated cpu resources to remain active in the computer memory and scan items in real time. keeping multiple avs on one system causes these avs to cause a tug of war with these resources which effectively means that neither of these work properly.
    also keeping multiple avs increases the chances of false positives which are highly undesirable.

avira has the highest detection rate but also a considerable false positive detection rate. also its pop up (don't know if they've removed it now) can be highly irritating while playing games or watching movies as it tends to minimise the current object on screen.

Remember that no Av is perfect and that all of them have their highs and lows. At one point of time Kaspersky was the best but its performance has degraded since past 1 year or so. Symantec Av was the worst until a couple of years ago and their latest product is light and good at performance. Avg has degraded a lot. Fsecure, Gdata, Bitdefender are quite good.

Understand one thing that its better to check for anti viruses that suit your usage better. One av may suit one's usage better while another may be good for someone else.
    regularly check for reviews(atleast every 3-6 months) to see which one is performing best during that point of time. there are many review sites which may help with such information. Home - AV-Comparatives is one such site/organisation one can check into.

I prefer and use Avast. Its not the best but its been regularly good-best for the past couple of years and suits my internet and data usage. A good av with a good firewall can provide optimal security to a computer. and these can be done by free ones too. No need to spend big bucks(most of the time) to get these services.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am using avg2011 it is working good
    i had noticed in previous version it is showing some files had viruses without having them but it is good now
    main drawback is,it always ask updates at least once a day
    i hope in the next version they improve it too
    so asking updates is not bad for me because my net is not slow to do that
    but by taking that antivirus my friends are facing many problems because their net is too slow
    in my view i think avg is better because it suits for me
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 along with a free anti-malware software. Haven't had a single problem till date!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I like ESET NOD32.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but gf i had heard as nod32 only deletes volume virus no effect on others
    am i right
    do you had no problem with it
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    narayana murthy
    but gf i had heard as nod32 only deletes volume virus no effect on others
    am i right
    do you had no problem with it
    its working fine with me.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I personally like kaspersky. I never found any problem till the date I had kaspersky installed on my system. But for a change, I am using avira these days. It's also working fine for me.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Quick Heal rocks on my PC

Why?
    Since last one year ,I didn't find any problem because of virus in my sweetheart(lappy) πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

there are two room, in the first room there are 13 machines and in other room their are 13 switches for those machine (in any order). Two room are completely...
hi friends can anyone tell me how can we write a code to scan chest or eye in JAVA...😎
Guys before discussing about corporate world Game I just wanted to know how many of you know the reason for satyam failure in 2009? Can anyone tell me?
Hi folks, myself harish i was an computer science engineer. Completed my BE this yearπŸ˜› and currently pursuing M.Tech 😎 I was very mad about programming and i found this...
why we have made phase shifting transformer?? isn't that work is fulfilled by a transformer with tertiary wdg to supply required power between two lines..