What's the Ultimate in Robotics?

Robotics is one of my favorite topics. Though I didn't get a chance to study the domain, I never skip any update on robots and machines. I wonder what'd be the ultimate stage in Robotics? Or it's a never ending subject?

For example, with the technological improvements, we're getting closer and closer to developing sensors and other electronic equipments that mimic human senses. Maybe some day, we'll cross a stage in artificial intelligence that'd make the computers just as intelligent as humans. So on one hand, it looks like the ultimate in robotics will be a 'form of' humans - capable of thinking, acting, having emotions etc.

Once that stage is crossed, there will be robots that will be able to build the next generation of robots! If you give this cycle a bird's-eye view; we'll ultimately be creating 'super-humans' (robots).

Or do you think there will be technological limitations that will stop the growth of electronics and robotics at one stage?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I am sure you might have seen the movie Transformers. That is the beginning of Super Advanced Multi- High Tech ROFLMAO Robots. And they also have the feature of self reproduction. that is some serious stuff. And I wish we should not be around to see that day when robots have their own kids. We are already over-populated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hewlett packard (HP) the name almost synonymous with laptops and desktop computers in India has announced two new machines for Indian professionals - the HP Elitebook Revolve 810 and the...
What is the career growth as a software tester in networking company?
Before the advent of the smartphones, feature phone makers went crazy with their designs but when the touch screens arrived, designers had to stick to the almost the same design....
Hand of a Thief is a new malware in the world of Linux operating systems that's targeting user's bank accounts. According AVAST antivirus, the malware is a Linux Trojan that...
Gionee, the Chinese mobile maker has launched Gionee P2 phone in India with a price tag of Rs. 6499. Of course, this is an entry-level smartphone that comes with dual-SIM...