What's the cheapest 3G data plan available in India these days?

I just read the news that Reliance Infocom has slashed 3G data tariff by about 50%, and their latest offering is 1GB data download for only Rs. 123. Makes me wonder which is the cheapest 3G data plan available in India?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Not really a big slash.In tamil nadu vodafone privides 3g data of 1gb for 145rs for selected customers.But a good info that makes me happy is reliance made it available for all customers.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Cheapest, Airtel.
    Well you'll say 1GB 3G Data = 251 INR in Airtel, how come it is cheapest ?
    But there's one beautiful plan of 7 INR for 30 minutes of 3G usage. In 30 minutes, you can download around 500 MB to 725 MB of data. So, undoubtedly I will vote it as best plan & cheapest of all !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : are you talking about Airtel data plan?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : are you talking about Airtel data plan?
    Sir yes sir!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Airtel is boon to short term burst of extensive 3G speed downloading

In the over all performane felt that they can't be replaced by other users in the near future

Some times Reliance compete with airtel in pricing But not in the service provided by both
  • oprime
    oprime
    #-Link-Snipped-# Is the time limited plan available anymore?
    I just checked the tariff plans. It isn't listed under the Sachet plans.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    oprime
    #-Link-Snipped-# Is the time limited plan available anymore?
    I just checked the tariff plans. It isn't listed under the Sachet plans.
    I will checkout & inform you.
    I haven't used this plan from last 4 months.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am using TATA DOCOMO here in Gujarat. Pay 250INR and you will get 250INR talktime + 1GB 3G + Unlimited 2G for one month.

😒
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Damn, I pay RM 48 (900INR??) per month for 1 GB here in Malaysia 😭 Well, speed will get throttled after 1 GB down to 250 kbps.. but still..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Damn, I pay RM 48 (900INR??) per month for 1 GB here in Malaysia 😭 Well, speed will get throttled after 1 GB down to 250 kbps.. but still..
    Even the call rates are way too cheap in India. I heard they're the cheapest in the world. Someone needs to confirm it.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even the call rates are way too cheap in India. I heard they're the cheapest in the world. Someone needs to confirm it.
    Nopes, #InCorrectStatement.
    Rather I should say, Not a complete truth.

I had used a home connection in US with $40 per month and I was allowed to make Unlimited* calls in US and 29 other countries. Yes, you read it right in $40 -- Approx 2400 INR unlimited calls in 30 countries.

In India you don't get that at this price, right?

-CB
  • oprime
    oprime
    crazyboy
    Nopes, #InCorrectStatement.
    Rather I should say, Not a complete truth.

I had used a home connection in US with $40 per month and I was allowed to make Unlimited* calls in US and 29 other countries. Yes, you read it right in $40 -- Approx 2400 INR unlimited calls in 30 countries.

In India you don't get that at this price, right?

-CB
    By home connection do you mean a land line connection?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    oprime
    By home connection do you mean a land line connection?
    Yes Sir !
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I use TATA DOCOMO. I topup 250 which gives me 1gb 3g and 222₹ talktime. It gets consumed in 2-3 days. So i again recharge it with same plan consecutively till my balance is around 750. Then there is 351 for 3gb plan. So i recharge it from mobile itself, twice consecutively. So in 750 i use like 9GB data. It is sufficient for me for around 25-26 days. I think its cheapest possible right now.

But Tikona is good in Nagpur. 1000₹ unlimited 4mbps line for a month. (Wifi)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wish Hyderabad's Beam Telecom had ventured into other cities all over India. They're awesome, I've heard from several people.

Tikona is all wired lines and wireless hubs. Don't reach out to all the places in the city.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tikona is all wired lines and wireless hubs. Don't reach out to all the places in the city.

Still it is cheapest and good. If you have your office and home in different areas then you can take 2 connections. Its still cheap. Plus it can even take your complete workload in office. 4mbps, That's sufficient i guess

Kaustubh Katdare
    I wish Hyderabad's Beam Telecom had ventured into other cities all over India. They're awesome, I've heard from several people.

What plans they have??
  • envira
    envira
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yes i agree i have used it in past and downloaded over 60gb a day lol , can u believe that.
    The first day of the plan when we bought a new DELL inspiron 17r turbo with 1.5 tb HDD we just filled in 60gb downloads first day, heaven of something called speed.
    I now miss it as i moved to vizag where the services from private operators really suck and glad tikona was in the list he he 😛. BSNL is best in here all i can say.
    regards
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nayan Goenka
    What plans they have??
    Taken from their website

upload_2013-8-22_17-17-45

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You can nominate your college to be a regional center for The AerotriX All India Ornithopter Challenge - in association with Ornithopter Zone (USA), NSSC (IIT Kharagpur) and TechNITi'13 (NIT...
The more I read about the Curiosity rover that's currently supposedly roaming on Mars - the more skeptical I get about the whole rover on the distant planet thing. I...
Most of my friends dreamed of starting their own venture after gaining a few years of experience in the industry and accumulating some money? I want to know from CEans...
in dc generator it was said that if a current which we will obtain depend on the voltage and the current will not change even if it pass through resistor...
It may be a feature or app or anything.Please be frank and hope Kaustubh Katdare would implement the necessary changes. My wish: 1)A filter or search for searching the members...