What's the best method for producing polypropylene?

How you doing, guys?

Well, I'm studying different manners of producing polypropylene, and I've found a lot of them these days.

Could you tell me what do you think about it? What's the better way, and what's more profitable if you are constructing a plant, or anything else?

Replies

• singh manvendra
    singh manvendra
    Depends on which polymer you want to synthesize like isotactic ar syndiotactic..... there are numerous factors which can be considered to judge a method to be best... Obviously theoretical techniques are different for industrial techniques but can be broadly classified into liquid phase synthesis and gas phase synthesis.... Do you want me tell about these methods in detail ?
  • Timothy Jacobs
    Timothy Jacobs
    Well, I think I was too vague in my question, sorry for that.

But, I'm asking because of this publication I saw:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

And another one about a bulk phase process. These publications talk about the process and also the economic surroundings of the polypropylene production, that's why I this question just appeared in my mind.
  • JVogel
    JVogel
    Hmm, I can't tell you the best way to produce that kind of material, since I don't produce it as an industrial unit. But I know that there are three traditional ways to produce polypropylene.
    Gas phase process, bulk process or hydrocarbon slurry.

About the profitability, I'd rather take a look at which technologies some companies are already using. For example, Dow Chemical uses gas phase process, while Exxon and LyondellBassell uses bulk phase process.

Polypropylene

I've read some news and they said that US Gulf Coast seems to be a good place for a plant, since there's a lot of chemical plants over there. I think you should search about these plants to know what method they use over there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello. I am going to start my BTech this year. It is an average college. How should i start my preparation for GATE from 1st year. What are the most...
What if engineers had a special Olympics event dedicated to them? Interesting, right? Check out Absolute Zero's take on it.
hello ppl ....๐Ÿ˜€ im Josiah leslie... ๐Ÿ˜ im doin electronics and communication engineering in Bangalore ... Aim: to study well ... i guess ๐Ÿ‘Ž Interests : robotics,computers,mini projects , paper...
hi guys..........๐Ÿ˜ hope u guys are fine there....๐Ÿ˜€ iam silver star john. iam doing 3rd year btech in automobile engineering. i love my branch very much. iam in hostel and...
i'm a final year student of chemical engineering from covenant university, Nigeria, really happy to be a part of a community where engineering is appreciated and ideas can be shared