What's cooking between Larry Page & Tim Cook ?

During the patent infringement dispute between Samsung and Apple; Tim Cook, CEO of Apple & Larry Page, CEO of Google had a long secret chat on phone last week.
Larry Page & Tim Cook are expecting to talk in next week, but again the timings & day is unclear. Sources says they been planning a secret meet on Thursday.

Apple & Google are keeping communication lines between them at very high level at this moment.
One scenario for meet is dispute of Apple & Samsung (which is using Google's Android OS), but it's again not confirm that Tim & Larry are talking over patents & Android basic changes that messes with iOS patents.

Apple's win over Samsung on patents infringement case rewarding Apple with US$1.05 billion for damages, Also Apple has requested court for possible ban of Samsung products. This is something viewed as "Proxy war" between Apple & Google.

In recent 5 years, we have seen cold war between between iOS & Android on proving themselves better. Android has already been declared as No.1 smartphone OS, which seems to reason behind flaming of Apple & suing Samsung on patent case & look-a-like UI (subliminal shot at Google,forcing to change Android UI). Back then Steve jobs denounced "Android, a stolen product".

So, What's Cooking between Larry Page & Tim Cook ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Android is bigger because there are several hardware makers who ship Android against Apple that's the sole company that maintains and ships iOS on the hardware completely owned by them. But what's more noticeable is that iOS still owns a huge share in the smartphones and talbets market. I'm sure iPhone 5 is going to be a huge success pushing iOS penetration.

I sometimes suspect it's just a 'war' to be in the news. It's just a 'marketing' fake war. Because that keeps BBs, Nokias and other smaller players out of the arena. Internally - Apple and Android could comfortably steal from each other. I suspect something like the cola wars.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am saranya.. I am doing my fourth year M.Sc. Information Technology at Anna University.. When I was searching for some good placement preparation I saw this.. I am so...
Hii everyone, This is Sri Lakshmi , pursuing my B'Tech in computer science branch.
please send me the ppt of terahertz terabit wireless communication.I already uploaded a document but i dont get the ppt.please send it its very urgent.... ​
Am I truly living in the information technology age or 'edge'? I make many payments and receive many through PayPal. But most of these are with my US and Australia...
please shear data regarding "finite element analysis of gear"....