What you have learnt after joining CE?

Hi guys ,
This is a thread where you should post what you people have learnt after joining CE.

Everyone mostly join for search of something they need and if they get it or not they join and few people will be active and few others donot.
So I saw biggie asking every new - bie what pulled him into CE.
So i wanted to ask poeple what you have learnt after joining CE ??

Well for me.. One of my friend sent me the link of CE , those days were right after the declaration of CAT results thus we had a desire to learn english well , so after looking at the link the first thread i saw was Durga's English thread and i joined and after looking into the forum i liked it i joined and still am liking it.

So what you have learnt?
My sentence formation was bad , i improved a lot after joining CE.
Sincere thanks to Durga and CB.

I have learnt there is much to do in life after looking some posts from Slash fear and ash.
So these are the things i learnt and learning as well.
I had a habit of seeking free lunches but after joining CE , i amm trying hard then i am asking if i get struck somewhere. which is a great improvement in me .
Thanks to CE and there are many things to learn .. ๐Ÿ˜€

So its now your turn to mention your learnings

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I learned lot of things.

Technical:

CE is the only place that keeps me in touch with engineering. I used to work as a software engineer but my job never let me feel like an engineer. CE also keeps me in touch with my engineering discipline - Electrical Engineering.

Perpectives -

One of the best things here is that you get different perspective on any regular topics. Brilliant minds on CE have tought me to think differently and in few cases, helped me get rid of my dogmatic mindset ๐Ÿ˜›

Communication:

From the day 1 on CE, we have strictly followed 'No SMS Text' & "Proper English" policy. In some way or the other, it has helped me a lot in improving my communication. I've learned a lot of things while interviewing the famous personalities for our Small Talks.

Importance of Networking

I myself used to undermine the importance of networking. I still am against social networking; but I've always loved being in touch with brainy people who always have something interesting to talk about. CE allows me to network with all such great engineers.

I can change the world

Well, looks like a tall statement. But that's one important lesson I've learned on CE. When great technical minds come together, with a good purpose; the world changes. The change can be negligible, but yes, it's your contribution to the world ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Fulfillment

I've learned that nothing comes closer to the joy of helping someone unknown to you. On CE, it's all done for free; without expecting anything in return.

Ideas

Everyday,I pick up new ideas from CEans that help me in my personal lives and also allows me to help others who look at me for help.

Very nice thread, E-S. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Joining CE is one of the best things that i had done in my first year engineering life and it feels really great to be a part of such a great forum and having contacts with all the engineers from different fields........๐Ÿ˜

well,,in this esteemed forum where still i am a newbie i have learn t a lot of things,,,,,๐Ÿ˜€
    one great thing is NOT TO USE SMS text which was used by me very frequently........
    Also from all the threads started in "computer science" i came to know a lot of technical terms and their importance and usage,,,,,,all those terms were very much unknown to me before joining this forum.....feeling really pleasured to be a part of CE..... ๐Ÿ‘
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent answers there Biggie.

Iam happy that you answered with good sections and even explaining everything well.

For me Yes , the electrical engineering is the interesting one but i have posted very few since i lost touch with those subjects , now started reading again.

And CE -Infocus i read few posts from the BOT but they are very nice , few other posts are really good that i dont imagine normally.
    Like all of the Slashfear's threads , Kashish's Time machine , Crancky's Idea of Power , CE -messenger etc etc.
    So Learning is continuing in life through CE for me.

So guys responces please.
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I joined CE accidentally only.. I was searching for something in google, where there was a link leading to CE.. I found this forum interesting and informative. So i joined this immediately and asked my brother also to join here..

Unfortunately i cant stay in touch with CE. So i just left that username as such. But my brother insisted to join again and hence here i am. At first i thought this could be just another social networking site like orkut. but after going through the forum i understood the importance of being a part of it.

As biggie said, it helps me develop my vocab, math skills and i am gaining lots and lots of knowledge here.. It helps me to make friends, that too best engineers around the world and get assistance from them.
    Another important thing about CE is it has sections in all trades (Electronics, electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Civil, Computer,IT,etc ) so that nobody is missed here. Everyday it is becoming popular by its contributions to this world..

CE helps me in knowing the recent advancements in my engineering so that i can be aware of them at once.. We can ask questions here, tell answers, chat simply or even play mind games here.. We could build a good rapo with best engineers around the world. Hence be a part of it for the whole of your life..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I have learnt that world not a small place but tends to look like one, there so much to learn and so much to know.
    So have no pride in asking if you dont know ๐Ÿ˜
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Through CE, I am improving my communication skills,
    Through CE-Bot CE-Infocus posts,I am updating myself..etc.,
    In simple words, It helps me to gain my technical knowledge,communication skills.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice one, guys! I'm glad a number of you are glad to be part of CE!

I learnt that with a conglomeration of different engineers across the globe, we could have fascinating discussions and synergistic collaborations. This can indeed make a difference for our quest to change the world.

... and also learnt that spammers deserves to die ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I learnt that I had a brain and the amazing thing was it could work.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I developed patience.
  • lal
    lal
    Actually a lot, and still learning...

Learnt to think from all angles, better english, new words, many theories, concepts...

Also that all crazy engineers are good friends! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I learnt people here at CE do care for others , they help others to improve ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    That is really true English-Scared
    I fully agree that they care as well as help others improve.
    I have experienced it from you.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    i registered myself accidentally i never knew about this forum earlier just browsing through i was casual enough but thanks to Biggie and whole team who are vibrant enough to keep the members rocking all the time.
    well i feel very proud to be part of CE as engineers are here from world wide.
    I learnt avoiding all the shortcuts in english (sms text) apart from technical updation from time to time.
    Case analysis section is my favourite one i never miss to read it.Mayur's ram story and recently ES' youth and parents' love.
    what keeps me ticking is the liveliness of the forum which no other forum has.
    and casual interactions with all CEans is tooooooo good
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Everyone: CE will be more lively when we become active offline (thought meets, seminars, events etc.). I see it happening more frequently in coming months.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    great going biggie waiting for the liveliness
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have learnt some thing called CloudComputing in detail , i have read it but didnt clerly understood.

After mayur post i understood it a bit better!!!

Many people in our office never heard of this term !! so am a bit better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @E-S: I'm already in the process of getting in touch with Amazon folks who are the leaders in 'cloud computing'. If they agree, all our members will get a chance to ask questions to the engineers who run the 'cloud' ๐Ÿ˜€

Little wait, though ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    That's a great opportunity Biggie ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    @E-S: I'm already in the process of getting in touch with Amazon folks who are the leaders in 'cloud computing'. If they agree, all our members will get a chance to ask questions to the engineers who run the 'cloud' ๐Ÿ˜€

Little wait, though ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am more worried about the type of questions (read "I need projects or reports or blah blah") which are likely to swarm the thread like a locust plague.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    The_Big_K

Little wait, though ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good to hear

waiting to ask series of questions ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • EDDY
    EDDY
    I am still for the words which could describe the things i had learnt from here.one thing i am happy to meet the good brains who are always around to help me out
  • ukanth19
    ukanth19
    THIS forum is an excellent and easy to contact anyone in any fields.
    this is an one active forum.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    well I learned a lot from ce

iFrst thing "If you have dedication towards something then you can achieve anything."
    I think today i should reveal a secret that once I was banned from ce because of my mistake..that I fully agree was my mistake ....Then i created a new account and this time I was determined that i will try to be good family member of this CE family..and with my continuous efforts and dedication towards ce .Today i become Cean of the month..
    Thanks to ce who gave me a great lesson that how to respect rules ..as I was a great rule breaker.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Goyal420: I'm sorry to hear that you were banned. But I'm stunned by your progress, from a member who was banned to the 'CEan of The Month' winner! You've come a long way and have a long way to go ahead with all of us.

Its a pleasure to see all our members benefiting from CrazyEngineers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi. i'm lohit suri .i'm havin 73% agg. till 2nd yr. b .tech frm rtu.can u tell me the procedure for summer training in iits
I wanted to do the project on the networking basis. Will you please help in selecting the project for B.E. final year in the computer science. ๐Ÿ˜•
As a part of my final year project Im planning to shape a Fuzzy based Optical character Recognition system. For that purpose I plan to use a 16 or 8...
Hi, My cut-off mark is 183.23 could anybody tell me any best college in Coimbatore for my mark. I need a reply i'm in a complete paranoia.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
CEans, Ever since enabling CE-InFocus, our RSS posting bot which gathers feeds from various tech blogs, I've received mix response from all of you. Mods may not like it (for...