What would be the proper size beam needed in the following situation?

I have a 24 foot load bearing wall I would like to remove, I have a dead load of 17#sq" (old built up gravel roof) the contributing area is 24'x14'=336sq.'336x17=5712#/24'=238# linea lfoot load on beam, there is no live load on this roof since a pitched roof has been added (Truss' have been added with bearing only at outside walls, no midspan support) i would like to know what it would take to support the old roof with a fletch beam or steel (c5x9) channels sandwiched together with 2"x6"s and flat plate steel?

Thanks for your time 

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello to all, speaking of steel, could anyone explain to me how stress relaxation works?  if we take an iron plate and apply a weight to it that is well...
Tech Briefs says:Researchers from the Toyohashi University of Technology in Japan have developed a new type of fire extinguisher that is optimized for space-use and does not require the use...
If the above can happen as suggested by 'Electropages', Blockchain will be blocked by most governments.https://www.electropages.com/blog/2019/05/will-blockchain-handcuff-hackers-and-cut-corruption?utm_campaign=2019-05-13-Electropages-Email-Newsletters&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=article&utm_content=Will+Blockchain+handcuff+the+hackers+and+cut+corruption%3F
I got 63% in 12th will I get job in MNC? What to do next then?
What is mean by consumable electrode like MIG