What will be Facebook's 'Awesome Launch' Next week? Any Guesses?

Yesterday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that his company will "launch something awesome" next week, Reuters is reporting.
According to the news service, Zuckerberg told reporters in his company's Seattle office that the team there had developed the upcoming project. Facebook's Seattle office played an integral role in the development of the social network's recently improved mobile site, prompting Reuters to suggest the upcoming launch could be mobile- or tablet-related.
If the launch is tablet-related, it could be Facebook's long-awaited iPad application. The company currently offers an iPhone app, but iPad owners have so far been forced to use the full site. Earlier this month, The New York Times cited sources who said Facebook was readying an iPad app, and could be launching it in the coming weeks.
Any guesses on what that 'awesome launch' could be? 😉

Replies

• vaib840
    vaib840
    it is the video chat in collaboration with skype.......
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This is also in relation with the launch of Google+. Well Basically Facebook being a social networking giant, it has every chance of becoming obsolete unlike google, which offers a user friendly email account options.

The options are far more greater than the reddiff mail and yahoo. Perhaps that is the reason why people prefer google apart from its speedy search options.

My thinking is that why doesn't Fb try to create such mail based service? Perhaps it is what is scheduled to be launched if not ipad and other things mentioned by AKD.

My only concern is that my friends should not leave fb because I am not going to create a google+ account. I have absolutely no thought of using any social networking things for time killing activities.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's the Skype Powered Video Chat : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SENTINEL is an app launched by MindHelix Technologies LLP, a Kochi based IT company. It is the first app designed with women’s security in mind. The app can send instant...
The iTunes App store for iPad just crossed a milestone by having more than 100000 apps - both free and paid. iPad has been able to establish itself as the...
Overdrive captured images of the new Volkswagen Touareg on testing rounds in Pune. The 2011 Touareg is a second generation model that made its debut last year. It is a...
Can't buy that awesome 3D TV? Don't be sad. The Pic3D film comes to your rescue and for your iPhone it costs only $25. I'm not particularly a fan of...
University of California PhD students Md Sazzadur Rahman and Ting-Kai Huang have launched MyPageKeeper | Facebook - a free app to scan your facebook profile and verify whether it has...