What to learn during summer?

Hi guys,
I am a first year student studying electronics and comm engg. I am in my first year hols and want to learn something new. When I talked to my Prof regarding this he told me something about PSoC(from Cypress Semiconductors) but I dont know if I know enough in order to learn that. Will learning Java or Matlab be useful?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# can be of help here. 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    Hi guys,
    I am a first year student studying electronics and comm engg. I am in my first year hols and want to learn something new. When I talked to my Prof regarding this he told me something about PSoC(from Cypress Semiconductors) but I dont know if I know enough in order to learn that. Will learning Java or Matlab be useful?
    Well If you are going to learn PSoC then you must have basic knowledge of Digital Electronics and I think university offers this subject in second or third year So I advice if you have basic knowledge of Digital Electronics and then you go for this course that will help you to understand easily.

BTW as there is good demand for VLSI and VHDL engineer if you are going to choose this Cypress Course that can help you in future.
    You can also Join MATLAB class or Basic C Class if you are interested in Microcontroller,Embedded,VLSI field.
  • CodeRed!!!
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for your reply
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for your reply
    You are welcome #-Link-Snipped-# it would be great if you post update once you are joining any Classes.
  • CodeRed!!!
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Sure but the problem is that there are not many coaching institutes that cater to such needs,i.e, they do not give us a deep understanding of what they teach or the applications of what they teach.. So I thought that I could maybe learn MATLAB on my own from e-books and online tutorials
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Sure but the problem is that there are not many coaching institutes that cater to such needs,i.e, they do not give us a deep understanding of what they teach or the applications of what they teach.. So I thought that I could maybe learn MATLAB on my own from e-books and online tutorials
    That is also nice option. Start learning By yourself and after that share that codes here So other member can also get inspire to learn MATLAB and you can also have some suggestions while learning.
  • CodeRed!!!
    CodeRed!!!
    Just started learning MATLAB. For all you starters out there... You might wanna download the software first. I got the software using a torrent. Then check out the material posted by MIT.. #-Link-Snipped-#... Hope this helps
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    Just started learning MATLAB. For all you starters out there... You might wanna download the software first. I got the software using a torrent. Then check out the material posted by MIT.. #-Link-Snipped-#... Hope this helps
    If you're going to start a separate thread for this tutorial and keep updating it. It will attract more people to learn with you.
  • shikharana
    shikharana
    CodeRed!!!
    hey... i wana knw mr abt MATLAB... ll u hlp me....
  • Gaurav_dc
    Gaurav_dc
    1st year hols are a great time to start learning matlab .... start with the signal processing toolbox . you'll have to learn it anyway as part of your laboratory coursework in communications. Matlab is just another programming language which is interpreter based unlike a compiler based. However the main use of matlab lies in the millions of inbuilt functions...so you'll never have to write any major program/function... if u can master certain toolboxes such as the one above and the image processing toolbox, control system toolbox, you'll be quite comfortable with your career....best wishes....keep learning..👍
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    N moreover, matlab can be very useful if you are going for machine learning course. Its the easiest software.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Share your workspace Snap in this thread. Starting with mine !!
You are trying to cross a river with a barman, a bear, a fox and a thousand rabbits. You have a single row boat that travels at 99.9% the speed...
Rumors have been spreading around the web that Apple's actually so deeply in love with the Retina Display on iPhones that it's actually going to introduce the Retina display on...
The Ford Escape 2013 features eco-boost engine and it looks like Ford is really betting big on this one. The vehicle promises 30 miles per gallon. Check out this video...
How fast transfer switches are used in minimizing the severity of sags?