What To Do Until You Receive Your Joining Letter?

Lot of CEans have been offered jobs through campus recruitment but have not received their joining letters yet. This has led to frustration among many and I think it's important to utilize the time constructively.

It has been (probably) long time since you answered your last semester exam. It'd be a nice idea to go through your final year subjects once purely for 'obtaining knowledge' than 'clearing the exams'. It will help you be prepared with the basics of engineering and help you in the long run.

You may also consider working for a startup: A company that is very very new and working on some innovative technology : for free, if required. Do not underestimate the knowledge you will obtain by working for startups. In fact, nothing would come closer to it.

Learn something new, acquire a new skill. For example, if you are not very comfortable with English, you may join a local English speaking course without being embarrassed about it. See, let me tell you - no one really cares about what you we do; but it would be even more embarrassing in the corporate world when you interact with others/clients purely in English.

If anyone's doing something entirely different from what I've mentioned above, feel free to share it with us. Lot of fresh engineers would benefit from it.

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    you can be a tutor for languages you well known like c/c++/java.This can help you to recall what you have studied as well as facing the new challenges.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi im newbie to flex.. im using itemrenderer in a list to use a Hbox.. n Hbox contains a image,label and button,...i v to change a particular row of a...
Hacking is illegal entry into other computer. This is done mostly because of lack of knowledge of computer networking with networks one machine can access to another machine. Hacking go...
A software engineer has the capability of thinking 100 lines of code in five minutes and can type 100 lines of code in 10 minutes. He takes a break for...
The number on the face opposite to the face carrying 1 is ______ The number on the faces adjacent to the face marked 5 are ______
I came across one Contactor rated 400A in which the coil is fed through a electronic circuit in which pulsating DC (waveform of full wave rectifier) & each pulse having...