What structural design changes do you propose to make skyscrappers crash-proof?

Alright!

I'm a complete newbie to structural engineering fundamentals and I'm sorry if the question is too basic.

I believe it's an important one. One of the news channel just explained how the north & south tower of World Trade Center did not collapse because they got hit by the airplanes. They said there were bombs in the buildings that got the building down.

Now, I may not believe what the news channel say. I'm thinking; what are the structural design changes that can be implemented in skyscrapers to make them crash-proof?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've seen few of the marine engineers on CE. Can anyone explain what is marine engineering about?
IT BHU is organizing Magnum Opus between 19-21 February 2009 Official Website: Magnum Opus About: Great ventures need great Ideas, but in this era of globalization, just a great idea...
IIT Chennai has organized MEDCHEM 2009 Official Website: MEDCHEM - 2009 Department of Chemistry About: The event MEDCHEM 2009 is being organized by the Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of...
I found few on MIT Pune website. Source: State Level Technical Paper Presentation Competition|MAEER's MIT SSPP|PUNE You might find them useful: Intrusion Detection System Wireless Security Data Mining and Olap...
hello everyone. i have a few questions about Gate exam. 1) For how many years the results of the exam is taken to be valid? 2) For how many times...