What should i prepare for placement?

Please suggest from your experience. These days i am preparing for the placements.

Should i do quant question also.?
what should i prepare for Tech Interview , i am from CSE 2011 batch..

Thanks in advance..πŸ˜›

Replies

• *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    no answer yet πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Seems like everyone was relaxing on weekend. Alright here are my tips -

1. Aptitude Tests: You will have to be really good at this. I'd recommend solving CAT/GRE quant questions and try to take mock tests. Thorough preparation will highly improve your chances of cracking the first obstacle in any joining any company as a fresh engineer.
    2. Technical Knowledge: I strongly recommend going though your subjects in Engineering and revise the topics. Do with for the sake of brushing up your knowledge and be interested in what you revise - that's a sureshot way of remembering the most from your text books. The interviewers will usually test your knowledge of basic concepts.

I also recommend preparing one or two subjects thoroughly from your third/final year text books. If the interviewer asks you to tell them about your favorite subjects from engineering, you will be able to name any of these subjects. Since your engineering stream is computer science, you'd be expected to have a good command over programming languages like C, C++ etc. Try taking up programming challenges on the Internet and attempt them on your own - it will improve your logic building skills and programming skills. These skills are immensely useful during interviews.

If possible, try to arrange for mock interviews and practice as much as you can. Remember it's not very difficult to get into an IT job, at least in India.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If it is an IT interview, go with this book: Cracking IT Interviews. πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi pushkar, you can also practice solving various questions in the book: Quantitative Aptitude - By R. S. Agarwal.
    It covers a lot of common topics.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    @AKD : Yes i am following RS Aggarwal. Its good. It contain many questions & topics. But it will take lots of time. How can i prepare well within 20-25 days only? Any tips guys..
    I wanna add something here... If you guys are preparing for Infy's placement questions, do prepare from the Puzzles of Shakunthala Devi, as most of the questions are taken from them... 😲 You can get a direct hit from it... πŸ˜€
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks praveen. Actually i am preparing for all mnc companies. I have completed few chapters of reasoning from RS Aggarwal But quant is still left. I found that in infy there will be no quant, only english & reasoning Which i have completed 75%. So i have to prepare for other MNC's pattern so i have to do quant also..
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    AbraKaDabra
    Hi pushkar, you can also practice solving various questions in the book: Quantitative Aptitude - By R. S. Agarwal.
    It covers a lot of common topics.
    Other than QA by Agarwal, #-Link-Snipped-# is also a very good book.
    Lemme post some question papers of MNCs from India... πŸ˜€
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Well.. I have seen that companies pattern has changed now and Infosys & CTS etc have logical reasoning questions only in their exam but on the opposite side TCS etc include quant questions only.. So its make quite confusing for what should i prepare myself πŸ˜”

Any suggestion guys??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Usually, you need to build strong logical reasoning skills to crack company entrance exams. For cracking aptitude tests, there are tons of books available which you can refer. You can simply get hold of any GRE/CAT preparation book and get started. For Infosys - solve as many puzzles as you can. From my own experience, puzzle solving skill can be build over a period of time and regular practice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hii friends.. Have you read the book "THE ALCHEMIST"?? It completely takes you to the new world and makes you to think in a different way ,i mean morally.. So...
Dear CEans, Via open source Mobile OS ( Android) and normal Bluetooth dongle ( A2DP- protocol ), can we develope a video game application in which game can be played...
i need your suggestion to what project will i will make using a simple and cheap transistor....... simple and cheap but interesting!!!! any proposal is highly welcome and appreciated...thanks😐
Hello I have developed a HTML Page and using Javascript ,i m capturing an image from Webcam.Problem is that when we open more tahn one instance of Page ,it flickers.single...
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but Metallica is coming to Gurgaon! The concert is on 28 October. Venue is Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon....