What might be the Pressure Angle of a Helical Gear?

I am doing a Force and Velocity analysis of a Maruthi 800 Gear Box
I have got a bunch of data about that but i missed that some data's about that
One is Helical Angle of the Gear and the other is the Pressure angle of that geAR so some one can help me in finding that???

Replies

• abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    for 32 teeth its 14.5 and for 18 its 20 involute...
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Oh dude...
    Thanks for that anyway
    But i need for the Maruthi Gear Box 800 in particular
    What you gave is i have already got from Theory of Machines and Mechanisms book by Joesph Shingley
  • athel.davis
    athel.davis
    Helix angle, Angle between a tangent to the helix and the gear axis,Is zero in the limiting case of a spur gear. Also Helix angleis a constant angle made by the helices with the axis of rotation.In case of normal circular pitch, pn,Circular pitch in the plane normal to the teeth.And transverse circular pitch, p Circular pitch in the plane of rotation of the gear. Sometimes just called "circular pitch". pn = pcos.In case of many other helix parameters can be viewed either in the normal or transverse planes. The subscript n usually indicates the normal.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Friends, I am in final year of engineering[ E&Tc] Had anybody done final year engineering project [e&tc] in BSNL? i.e. had anybody got sponsorship over there... or any of...
I am Ajit. I am an electrical engineer who just finished the course this year. I am getting trained here in a private firm to be an engineer in the...
our colg [MACE,klm] is presenting takshak 2010, the combined techfest...dis time we are also lucky to prepare for the events...since i'm a civil student,i need to present an exhibition item...
Hello friends, any one know the function to read byte from our inputstream in java ??
if u sit for placements u can b selected in any field,not certain tht u would b selected for the same field tht u hv studied.u may even get into...