What is your opinion on this new facial recognition system installed in Chinese school?

The artificial intelligence has made its way to school and our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined. Take a look at this video -

- YouTube

The AI system can scan faces and even find out if you're being attentive in class or feeling sleepy. 

I won't be surprised to see this system being installed in offices so that the bosses can link your salary to your 'actual performance'. 

Aren't you scared yet? 

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

I want this ! :-D

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Sale of custom made masks will go up.

The union may check on the boss in self defence. 

My own facial recognition intelligence is not all that hot, because to me most Chinese faces look similar except for the presence or absence of specs.

This will not work in a Buddhist monastery, where all monks look deadpan. Except Dalai Lama, who laughs a lot.

On a more serious note, I feel that linking facial expressions to performance is wrong simply because most creative activity leads to an inward  (bored looking) turned expression.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is Object oriented programming:Father - Son, go and get Red LabelSon - 750ml or 1 ltr??Mother - Son, go and get Red LabelSon - 500gms or 1 kg??!!(Sent by...
Hi everyone!I am an electrical engineer from India so just i want to know from all the electrical background persons that what can be the different areas for start my...