What is wrong here ?

In the past two days some thing is not right in CE the overall activity is sober and still why is it so ?

Though the new member population is peaking up why are we not producing as many thread contents having long discussion in the past few days ?

Any probable reason

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    CE was once packed with entertainment, but don't loose hope, we're growing each day. Just contribute the best of time you get online and you'd see how much fun it is. I really enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

P.S.: Spread the word...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    anoopthefriend
    CE was once packed with entertainment, but don't loose hope, we're growing each day. Just contribute the best of time you get online and you'd see how much fun it is. I really enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

P.S.: Spread the word...
    Yeah sure am spreading word a bunch of my coll mates are here and am waiting to share it out with my school mates

It is a nice place here
  • lal
    lal
    Probably evryone on CE became busy simultaneously for the past few days ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    lal
    Probably evryone on CE became busy simultaneously for the past few days ๐Ÿ˜
    That is due to proximity of exams I guess Semester Season in Tamil Nadu now ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well it's the big festival time in India and since most of our visitors are from India - the activity levels go down during these times. It's pretty normal; because most of the CEans would either be traveling or are enjoying their time with family and friends. Once Diwali is over, you should see everyone back into action here.

Most of the Universities have their semester exams scheduled around this time. That too is making everyone stay away from computers.
  • lal
    lal
    Vacation time for CE then. Biggie will get some sleep. Hehe ๐Ÿ˜
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    The_Big_K
    Well it's the big festival time in India and since most of our visitors are from India - the activity levels go down during these times. It's pretty normal; because most of the CEans would either be traveling or are enjoying their time with family and friends. Once Diwali is over, you should see everyone back into action here.

Most of the Universities have their semester exams scheduled around this time. That too is making everyone stay away from computers.
    Here comes need of mobile version of Crazy Engineers.
    You all must be aware that after Facebook entered stock market (NASDAQ) ,its points rose up very fast.But soon its stock pricing fell and the reason was investors felt Facebook could not gain mobile users attention.
    Since then Facebook is doing rigorous research to create better mobile apps and grab the mobileNet users.
    And off course its market price is up again.

We also need same here.I had come across about CE mobile version in one of the threads.
    I believe it is one of the major solution for us too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep - we do seriously need a mobile application and it's currently on the top of my to-do list. I know a lot of CEans access CE through mobile and a mobile app would be really handy.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    lal
    Vacation time for CE then. Biggie will get some sleep. Hehe ๐Ÿ˜
    The_Big_K
    Yep - we do seriously need a mobile application and it's currently on the top of my to-do list. I know a lot of CEans access CE through mobile and a mobile app would be really handy.
    Wonder He ever sleeps most of the time this or that is in your to do list always
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    In that case, you'd have to make a list for the common phones too. Most of the users have not switched to smartphones or touch-phones yet.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    anoopthefriend
    In that case, you'd have to make a list for the common phones too. Most of the users have not switched to smartphones or touch-phones yet.
    100+ agreement with it I myself am using a basic mobile which just supports java or j2ee apps nothing more complicated is supported by it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    jeffrey samuel
    100+ agreement with it I myself am using a basic mobile which just supports java or j2ee apps nothing more complicated is supported by it
    That's surely going to be a challenge. The answer may lie in developing a responsive layout which is an ideal choice for every browser and screen size. That may need some more time though; but the solution would be suitable for everyone.

A responsive layout is something that works without needing an app. The site detects the browser size and automatically cuts down the lesser important parts and puts focus on the text.

Posting on the forum from small screen may be a tough challenge. But if only reading the latest content is the prime activity - then we can develop something for that as well.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Wish it sir but we need facility that has a very wide platform which will be supported by all the mobile platforms

Time spent on it is really worth while

Thanks for your tiring works for CE
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Why cant we have a CE app? Is it difficult or shall we start a thread to discuss it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, I'm more favouring a responsive layout at the moment or a complete mobile style.
  • lal
    lal
    I would say, there is no need for a dedicated mobile style webpage. The present layout simply works perfect on an average mobile. Except 'this' post, all the recent posts I've made in CE in the past few days were from my mobile. I didn't see any hassle in using CE from my E63, Symbian OS - Opera browser. And these days most phones have enough resources to load a website like CE and it works perfectly. Now is the age of apps. I think apps must be given importance rather than a mobile style. Considering the growing number of Android users, first preference goes to Android. Then may be java.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    lal
    I would say, there is no need for a dedicated mobile style webpage. The present layout simply works perfect on an average mobile. Except 'this' post, all the recent posts I've made in CE in the past few days were from my mobile. I didn't see any hassle in using CE from my E63, Symbian OS - Opera browser. And these days most phones have enough resources to load a website like CE and it works perfectly. Now is the age of apps. I think apps must be given importance rather than a mobile style. Considering the growing number of Android users, first preference goes to Android. Then may be java.
    You are correct,even i have posted some times from mobile successfully.But doesn't it take alot of time for Full site to load on mobiles ?
    A mobile version would be much faster as few details are loaded.
  • lal
    lal
    There are two types of browsers. One type downloads all the webpage data in to the mobile phone memory first and then organise it as the real webpage, just like the desktop browsers do. Examples are Opera Mobile and Nokia's built in symbian Web browser.

What the other type does is, they only communicate with a server. The server downloads all the webpage data in its memory and then converts it to a lighter format and then send to the browser. Examples are Opera Mini and UC Browser.

If we use the first type browsers, yeah it takes a moment more than the second type to fully load the page. The second type saves the data traffic too. Because the second types are optimized for less resources on mobile phones and slow internet connections.

By the way, this is not applicable to downloads, but only browsing.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    lal
    There are two types of browsers. One type downloads all the webpage data in to the mobile phone memory first and then organise it as the real webpage, just like the desktop browsers do. Examples are Opera Mobile and Nokia's built in symbian Web browser.

What the other type does is, they only communicate with a server. The server downloads all the webpage data in its memory and then converts it to a lighter format and then send to the browser. Examples are Opera Mini and UC Browser.

If we use the first type browsers, yeah it takes a moment more than the second type to fully load the page. The second type saves the data traffic too. Because the second types are optimized for less resources on mobile phones and slow internet connections.

By the way, this is not applicable to downloads, but only browsing.
    Opera mobile and opera mini ??? Are they different ??
  • lal
    lal
    Yeah, they are totally different. Opera Mobile renders the web page in the mobile itself. But Opera Mini does this in the Opera server and shows us a light version of the page. By light version I mean the same page but optimized for mobilephones and slow internet connections. And this is the reason that Opera Mini doesn't support interactive content as Opera Mobile. Because all rendering happens at the server, not in the phone.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    lal
    Yeah, they are totally different. Opera Mobile renders the web page in the mobile itself. But Opera Mini does this in the Opera server and shows us a light version of the page. By light version I mean the same page but optimized for mobilephones and slow internet connections. And this is the reason that Opera Mini doesn't support interactive content as Opera Mobile. Because all rendering happens at the server, not in the phone.
    i know and have used opera mini.Where can i get opera mobile ? Any Link?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# can you pls post that link here if it is a share ware only I mean other wise tell where to download them in or mobiles
  • lal
    lal
    Opera Mobile is available for Symbian and Android platforms. Not sure about iOS. And not available for java.

Check their official website. In the download options, it can be choosen - the version and varient to download.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everyone, I have installed Windows8 but the problem is that previously installed Windows7 is not showing in the boot option at the startup . So, is there any way...
my dear friends can any one tell me that : is there any university through which i can do b.tech through correspondence??? Provided it should be aicte approved.......
Hey guys, If anyone needs a free live chat feature I have been very satisfied with Chatwing. It took less than a minute to implement, Chatwing hosts everything and its...
Hi fellow CEians, I have a project currently requiring to compare a voltage to 24V reference and it must trigger a relay output when the input voltage is lower than...
I've started off making a live streaming site like ustream. I'm asked to design the UI and necessary control panel and home page for the site, in the first phase...