CrazyEngineers
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep

MemberJun 29, 2011

what is wi-fi?

i am having wlan option in my mobile ...what is the difference between wlan and wi-fi?is it same?i am having broadband connection to my system using modem that is not wireless.plz increase my knowledge in this aspect..
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 29, 2011

WLAN - Wireless Local Area Network While WiFi is wireless protocol that connects devices without need of wires. So I'd say Wi-Fi lets you connect to the wireless network. I believe the WLAN option in your mobile is about configuring your mobile to connect to the surrounding wi-fi network. Turn it on and it will detect wi-fi networks around. In order to turn your broadband connection into Wireless Network so that you can connect multiple devices to it - you will need a wireless router. If you don't have one, buy a wireless router and connect it in series with your modem. That is your broadband line will go into the broadband modem and the wireless router will sit between modem and computer.

I hope this clears your doubt. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Saijayadeep

MemberOct 3, 2011

biggie..i recently heard that without the need of router we can connect multilple devices.#-Link-Snipped-# gives a clear idea about this to how to utilize it ..i tried it but could not connect my desktop to my mobile having wi-fi due to some security problems..you please give me a crystal clear idea about that ..looking forward to hear from you..bye biggie
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register