What is the Use of Propeller Shaft?

What is the use of Propeller Shaft in each and every vehicle and also plz tell me what is the difference between Front Wheel , Rear Wheel and Four Wheel Drive??? Plz explain

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to forum, Arun.
    Please try to be specific in Thread title.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ArunSrinivassan
    What is the use of Propeller Shaft in each and every vehicle and also plz tell me what is the difference between Front Wheel , Rear Wheel and Four Wheel Drive??? Plz explain
    On a propeller Plane it carries the propeller that makes the plane fly. On a ship it does the same to make the ship move.
    On most motor vehicles of the older type it carries the radiator fan.
    வேறு எதாவது உண்டா? Were you thinking of anything else?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    a propeller shaft is a shaft that transmits power from the engine to the rear axle, if the engine is not mounted exactly over the rear axle.
  • mechky
    mechky
    Front Wheel Drive
    -Engine drives front wheels only
    -Transverse engine configuration
    -No driveshaft or propeller shaft
    -Traction is improved by having weight of engine and transaxle over drive wheels
    -More rear seat room due to flat floor pan, increased trunk space as there is no rear differential
    -Decreased vehicle handling as rear tire traction is decreased

Rear Wheel Drive
    -Engine drives rear wheels only
    -Longitudinal engine configuration
    -Driveshaft or Propeller Shaft is required to transmit power and torque from transmission to the rear differential
    -Vehicle balance and handling is much improved
    -Less interior room in the vehicle
    -Traction problems because of lower rear vehicle weight over the drive wheels

Four Wheel Drive
    -Engine drives all the four wheels using a transaxle
    -Longitudinal engine configuration
    -Two differential are present-one at front and one at rear
    -Advantages of both front & rear wheel drive

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Third IdeasEmotion Based Music Player: A music player that presents you a playlist based on yourmood.So when you come back home from office having messed up an assignment your...
Hello!!! i have to make a project in management information System, i am totally confused,can any one suggest me any idea about the project. . .?
Usually, a human over 18 years of age is considered as an 'adult'; meaning he/she is sensible enough to take the decisions on their own based on their conscience &...
HEY GUYS..!!! i just want to know the difference between A DRIVE TRAIN & AN AUTOMOBILE. Does any body have a clear idea about that..!!!😒
Why are MNCs and startups asking for candidate PAN card details even before they interview the candidate? Is it legally required to share PAN card with them?