What is the use of Delegates

Hi all,

Wat will be the use of delegates other than asynchronus execution of a function.........????

- daya

Replies

• thin_master
    thin_master
    The use is in the name itself. A delegate is used to delegate some job.

A scenario.

You want to read serial port data and show it in in a form. You have a function to read the data, but that function has got no access to the form. So you code a delegate that has access to that form and give the painting job to that delegate function.

This is a scenario that I faced.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am bhanu prakash maiya from indore in 2nd year of ECE i want to do summer traning to gain some experience plz suggest me some bhanu
Hi, I am a software professional, simultaneously preparing for the MBA. I plan to appear in CAT and few other examinations this year. During my preparation, I came across this...
Hello, CEans! i am using Windows XP Professional and my system configuration was D94GZIS with 3Ghz Dual core processor and having 1GB of RAM and 160GB (SATA) Seagate HDD and...
paging is different from segmentation so what is the main difference between them
I'm a new CEan and I'm having problems introducing myself. Could somebody direct me or give me a link to some solution to this problem.I'm expecting some kind of form...