What is the role of piston, seal, boot & spring in wheel cylinder?

what are the role of piston, seal, boot & spring in wheel cylinder??

Replies

• msuresh444
    msuresh444
    The piston when actuated, pushes a shaft connecting it and the brake shoe. The brake shoe presses onto the brake drum and stops the car.
    This piston is oil actuated.
    Wheel cylinder will have a piston (to exert force); seals (to prevent leakage out of cylinder body); boot (to press on the brake shoe); spring (to bring the brake shoe to return position after you take your leg off the brake pedal).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you. That was informative. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been experimenting with different DNS and wondering whether I should rely on the DNS setting on my computer or on the router? My current network setting is very typical:...
A lot many of us are not on unlimited download plans for internet. Now whenever you want to watch a video online, you either go to a video streaming site...
Micromax Canvas Hue 2 (A316 model) is the newest entrant on the block. We are looking at a Rs. 11,700 smartphone that is set to compete against the likes of...
With modern navigation & entertainment services at play, every car owner wants the latest system on their four wheeler. Hyundai, the South Korean automaker, has decided to bring an infotainment...
The stairs have been the biggest obstacle and a problem for the wheelchair users; but no more. A group of talented engineering students from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology...