CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Naman Agarwal • 02 Jun, 2013
What is the resistance between neutral and earth??
@lal • 02 Jun, 2013 Ideally the resistance between earth and neutral should be zero. But we don't live in a perfect world. So earth resistance and wire resistance come in to action if we measure the resistance between earth and neutral!
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 03 Jun, 2013 Use a meggar and you will find that this resistance will be nearly 60 ohms

But incase of some additional chemicals we can get this down to nearly 10 ohms

That is why the earth rods are immersed in a mixture of Magnesium Charcoal and some other chemicals
@Sindhu Chowdary • 14 Jun, 2013 basically,we consider ground to be at zero potential..that means elecrton can flow to & from earth ..and the workdone in doing so will depend only on the potential of the neutral point u r talking about..since according to the OHMs LAW V= IR, or V/I = R..it means that if ,as I said earlier, there can be easy flow of current(or elecrtrons) ,there would be infinite current flowing in the circuit b/w neutral &earth...which means R=0...
since zero resistance is impossible ,there may be small resistance present.
10.1k views

Related Posts

@saurabh.dmet6178 · Jan 10, 2013

hey guys ........ dis is saurabh gandhi , B.E. Marine from M.E.R.I. (MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE) KOLKATA formerly known as DMET. Being a merchant navy officer, i am earning...
12k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 21, 2015

Micromax and Snapdeal have partnered to introduce the new budget-smartphone called Canvas Spark 2. Micromax is promoting it as 'India ka 3G phone' as it is priced at a very...
4.7k views

@kanikabir · Jun 15, 2011

Hello friends, If you did not get proper placement in your colleges and want to get higher studies (preparation of GATE) or get Government jobs (like IES) and Public Sector...
10.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 24, 2013

I had to take my Galaxy Note to the servicing center for the third time today. Reason? The dust accumulated on the Proximity Sensor caused the dim red light to...
4.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 3, 2014

I bet most of us here have dreamt of owning a BMW or an Audi or a Mercedes Benz in our lifetimes. Whether your are working in an IT company...
9.1k views