What is the max runs one can score in a 50 overs match?

(A Cricket Puzzle posted by Sri Ganesh on FB)
An interesting Puzzle:
How many runs a single player can score in One day match (50 overs/ 300 balls)
No 'no balls', no wides, no extras, no over throws...So how much runs he can score max???
Choices :
A) 1800. B) 1650. C) 1653. D) 1550. E) 1555 F) 1506

I did not find a solution. I worked out my version. I give a link to that so that people attempting a solution may not get biased.
Dropbox - crickzle.doc - Simplify your life

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think your solution is perfect. I do not follow cricket and therefore not aware of all the rules; but considering the change of strike at the end of every over; your solution looks perfect.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    The answer seems B)1650
    here's how:
    One batsman has to score this, so if he hits 5 sixes in a over and takes another 3 he will retain. So for one over the batsman get 5*6+3=33
    Ultimately in 50 overs it will be = 33*50 = 1650
    However its not the maximum which he is attending, last over requires no change of side,so ultimately it will be 33*49+36 = 1653

Edit: checked your solution, the answer matches with mine. So I dont have problem to accept this as a concrete solution.
  • Kirti Deokar
    Kirti Deokar
    A.V.Ramani
    (A Cricket Puzzle posted by Sri Ganesh on FB)
    An interesting Puzzle:
    How many runs a single player can score in One day match (50 overs/ 300 balls)
    No 'no balls', no wides, no extras, no over throws...So how much runs he can score max???
    Choices :
    A) 1800. B) 1650. C) 1653. D) 1550. E) 1555 F) 1506

Ans is A) 1800

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wi-Charge, an Israel based company founded in 2010, claims to have cracked the code to wirelessly charging mobile devices. Wi-Charge has achieved this by using non-hazardous infrared light emitted from...
Every commercial aeroplane enthusiast knows about Boeing’s flagship aeroplane the 737. What you probably didn’t know that Boeing is all set to refresh its line-up with the Boeing 737 MAX...
Hi can anyone please tell me that how can i give 12 volts to this connector J1 through which led blows?
Can anyone give me some suggetion for problem on which i can work out for project that can be practical and can be used in our day to day activity...
Bulk password theft has been a problem that has plagued many companies such as Adobe, Playstation Network, Talk Talk and Ashley Madison. Cyber criminals manage to find their way into...