What is the main difference between SR flip flop (not a latch) and JK flip flop ?

any one can explain the differences between SR and JK flipflops (not a latch) ????? 😕

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sandeepbangalore
    any one can explain the differences between SR and JK flipflops (not a latch) ????? 😕
    The uncertainty in the state of and SR flip flop When S=R=1 can be eliminated by converting it into a JK flip flop.
  • sandeepbangalore
    sandeepbangalore
    aarthivg
    The uncertainty in the state of and SR flip flop When S=R=1 can be eliminated by converting it into a JK flip flop.
    thanks.how to convert it sr to jk ? to solve the problem of invalid state for both s=r=1 ?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sandeepbangalore
    thanks.how to convert it sr to jk ? to solve the problem of invalid state for both s=r=1 ?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I hope this might help you
  • sandeepbangalore
    sandeepbangalore
    aarthivg
    I hope this might help you
    i got it. but some confusion in design i mean in gates, its NOR or NAND like that ?
    one more is these design is correct or not ?

sr

sr flop flop

jk

jk flop flop by using sr flop

is this conversion correct ?

if in jk both j and k is high, then it goes to toggle. it means output will be the compliment of the previous state right ?
    pls reply
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    @ #-Link-Snipped-#

The conversion is correct( I have referred my books) .
    sandeepbangalore
    i

if in jk both j and k is high, then it goes to toggle. it means output will be the compliment of the previous state right ?
    pls reply
    I cant get this question.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sandeepbangalore
    i
    @andeepbangalore the output is Q*
  • sandeepbangalore
    sandeepbangalore
    aarthivg
    Q* is nothing but the same rite i mean , out put is compliment of the previous output ?
  • sandeepbangalore
    sandeepbangalore
    aarthivg
    wave

in this figure i found that , when j = k =1 then the output is toggle i mean will be compliment for previous output , is this correct ?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    yes. Right.
    anyway @ #-Link-Snipped-# can conform it once again
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sandeepbangalore
    Q* is nothing but the same rite i mean , out put is compliment of the previous output ?
    yes
  • sandeepbangalore
    sandeepbangalore
    fine thanks.. 😁
  • Anthony Jarmie
    Anthony Jarmie
    In SR flip flop when we have S=1 R=1 we get intermediate state. In JK flip flop we eliminate the intermediate state by complement Q- ( J=1,K=1 Q+ = (Q-)') so we can say that JK flip flop is refinement of SR flip flop.

Thanks in advance
    Anthony

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Entrepreneurship is a topic of discussion more times in groups than we know. Everyone keeps talking about starting own business or doing something different through their venture or how to...
I went to Edinburgh from London King's Cross in 1996. The renovation alters the look dramatically. A lot of interesting structural work has gone into the restoration, which, I am...
Technology Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship Information Service (TIME IS), a joint project of National Science and Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology, GOI and FICCI The project...
This is the official website for e-filing of patents in India -> https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/on_line/ You can check the application status of your patents here: https://ipindia.nic.in/ipirs1/patentsearch.htm The following PDF will give you...
Once there was a magician who was in great trouble. There were three software engineers (one Project Manager and two other people working under him on the project), who helped...