• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    search it in the site Google
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    venkatasai
    what is the main difference between micro processor and micro controller

Microcotroller have inbuilt Timer/Counter internal RAM etc

in short Microcontroller is advance then Microprocessor.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, Micro controller is a complete system in itself. It has flash memory, RAM, timers etc in itself.

A microprocessor has only the internal registers and nothing else in itself. You've to interface the memory and all the other circuitry to get it working.

That's the difference. In essence, a micro controller is a microprocessor with built in supporting circuitry. Hope it's clear!!
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    A microcontroller is a microproccessor with inbuilt functionalities such that it can be used on its own to control stuff. Mostly used for systems not requiring that much memory.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    Microprocessor is a general purpose processor without memory you have to attach externally.
    Microcontroller has an internal memory built in it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi there am new member in CE, and it is my first time for me here i joint CE to improve my knowladge and skill in engineering life. am in...
I think it would be better if CEans provided with an option like watch list. To subscribe to all threads of particular section. In this way the CEan can add...
Look at this folks - The green & the blue colors that you see - is actually just one color! 😲 Amazing, isn't it?
hi crazyengineers, Im a final year mechanical engg student in an anna univ affiliated college. i want to be design engineer. is it useful studiying auto cad,CATIA,Pro E,ANSYS,primevera while doin...
Voa! 😲 Infosys co-founder, Nandan Nilekani has resigned from Infosys board to head a government project - providing unique identification numbers to citizens of India. The resignation will be effective...