What is the function of a capacitor, inductor?

can any body tell me the functions of capacitor and inductor

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Capacitor stores energy in Electric field While Inductor stores Energy in Magnetic field
    For more information :: Capacitor - Wikipedia & Inductor
  • rajk. sharma
    rajk. sharma
    Capacitor stores electrical energy in the form of Voltage, Where as an Inductor stores Electrical energy in terms of current.

• satya suravit
    satya suravit
    capacitor stores charges........or energy. e=1/2cv2. inductor stores electrical energy..
  • anurokz
    anurokz
    A capacitor is a device that can store & release electrical charge ,it resists any change of voltage across it. whereas the function of inductor is to store energy in a magnetic field
  • Fareesa samreen
    Fareesa samreen
    The function of capacitor is to store energy in the form of electrostatic field.. It is most widely used to block DC and allow AC.. Whereas,inductor is used to store energy in the form of magnetic field.. It is used to block AC and allow DC,..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Inductor passes on current to another inductor coil by linking the magnetic flux. they are used in step-up and step-down transformers.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As Said by above CEans all these are Basic Functionality of Capacitor, Resistor and Inductor but using the various combination of All three elements You can design so many different applications like Filtering, Voltage Divider, SMPS current Boosting and many more.
  • ajayrakion
    ajayrakion
    capacitor blocks dc and pass ac voltage..and inductor oppose change in current or voltage...
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    hi to all CEions,capacitor is used to store energy and inductor never as any storing principle,it only dissipates energy in the form of magnetic flux,due to this find the implementation of flemings left hand rule.B is perpendicular to E.flux leads to flow of ions i.e.electrons for this we can find self inductance and mutual inductance.so inductor as to dissipates magflux.capacitor is stores energy in higher farad values it acts as a battery like super and ultracapacitors.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    thus, they have different features like a capacitor blocks dc and pass ac voltage..and inductor oppose change in current or voltage...
  • NILESH77
    NILESH77
    capacitor is store the electrical energy means its blocks dc vtg and pass ac vtg and inductor is to induced electrical
    energy means dc signal is supress and ac signal is pass.
  • ravi sidhu
    ravi sidhu
    Capacitor is batter and inductor is a radiator,
    Store energy one radiate energy another one but fabrication of capacitor on ic is possible in case of inductor is not possible so try to reduce the inductor by introduce resistor for generating frequency in any wireless transmisson
    F=1/2piLC in case of L and C
    F=1/6piRC RC phase shift oscillator

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

am a final year ECE student and am preparing myself for the placements. and i found myself weak in the basics. so have to start from the scratch.could you help...
Let do before...
So, I've read this book written in Marathi that tries to conclude that we (humans) and nature is just a part of an experiment being carried out by an advanced...
what's the scope and also pay scale for an electrical(e&e) engineer after securing average marks in "GATE"examination?
the beam of the structure shown in 1.jpg and 2.jpg has to be designed, without any tensile reinforcement.. the structure is essentially made of stone.. My doubts are: 1. Will...