CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 14 Mar, 2013
I'm curious to know the difference between Tata Sky HD and Sky+HD set top boxes? I've looked at the official website but couldn't find a page that describes the exact difference. From what I read, the Sky+HD has the ability to record HD videos. What are the other differences?
@Sharma Amit • 14 Mar, 2013 https://www.gauravgupta.in/blog/2011/03/tata-sky-plus-hd-review/
Here is what u want..!! The Big_K ..!! 😁
@Kaustubh Katdare • 14 Mar, 2013 Thanks. So to summarise, The Tata Sky+HD offers me -

1. Pause Live TV: The set top box begins recording at the moment I hit the pause button so that I can play the skipped part.

2. Full HD: 1080i transmission but only on the channels that broadcast the signal. Would be interesting to know how many channels are doing that and how many will begin HD transmission.

3. Recording of content: 500GB disk captures 600+ hours of SD (standard definition) content. Not sure of how much it can capture at HD.

4. Free VOD: Free video on demand seems to be cool. Not sure if there are any hidden costs.

Still not sure if the price for the upgrade would be worth it. Looking forward to more opinions and reviews.
@Anoop Sarkar • 01 Aug, 2018 • 1 like

Notable features Difference in HD Tatasky & Tatasky HD +  

12.9k views

Related Posts

@Priyanka S G · Feb 25, 2013

What is difference between ac analysis, dc analysis and transient analysis?
7.5k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Jun 24, 2014

Once Microsoft acquired Nokia we thought that Nokia’s Android mission had come to an end but our speculations were proven wrong today as Microsoft Mobile unveiled the new Nokia X2....
10.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 8, 2016

Tata Sky has decided to make its service called 'Everywhere TV' accessible for free to all its subscribers. Back in 2013, the DTH operator had announced Everywhere TV on Tata...
2.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 28, 2015

Sony India just brought its new smartphone Xperia Z3+ to the Indian shores hoping that it will compete the high-end phones in the market. Even if that might be the...
2.2k views

@simanchal010 · Feb 14, 2010

please tell me the way of conversion detail, from source code to object code of a programme.:wink: please give me detailed information about this topic.:wink:
4.7k views