CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • vinci

MemberSep 2, 2011

UNIQUE KEY DEFINES ALL THE ROWS IN TABLE UNIQUELY .AND BASICALLY OCCURS ONLY SINGLE UNIQUE KEY IN ONE TABLE WHILE SUPER KEY UNIQUELY IDENTIFY A TUPLE AND NOT ALL THE ROWS i.e NO TWO TU PLES HAVE SAME ATTRIBUTES IN SUPER KEY
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • TheV

MemberSep 3, 2011

I am confused....!!! What is the difference between tuples and rows.
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberSep 3, 2011

TheV
    I am confused....!!! What is the difference between tuples and rows.
    Tuple is nothing but another name of rows in database

Unique key is just a single attribute (Column) where as super key is a set of attributes

However both have same function ie to identify rows of a table uniquely
    Cancel
  • TheV

MemberSep 4, 2011

Thankyou Goyal....!

But In wikipedia the defination of unique is a one column or a set of columns which Identify the tuples or row uniquely.

First line, second sentence,,..<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_key" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Unique Key</a>
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberSep 4, 2011

TheV
    Thankyou Goyal....!

But In wikipedia the defination of unique is a one column or a set of columns which Identify the tuples or row uniquely.

First line, second sentence,,..<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_key" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Unique Key</a>
    unique key may or may not contain set of column , while super key is basically a set of attributes
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register