What is the difference between Computer Sci, IT, Comp. Tech., and Comp. Engineering?

I am going to take admission in 1st year of engineering this year. I am interested in pursuing engineering in Computer related field, but confused as there are many branches related to it.😡

What is the difference between Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Technology, Computer Engineering?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: What is the difference between Computer Sci, IT, Comp. Tech., and Comp. Engineeri

In my humble opinion, all those branches were created by the crooks who sell education. With so many branches, colleges can admit more number of students for teaching similar subjects under various heads. Whatever!
    Have a look at following discussion - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Re: What is the difference between Computer Sci, IT, Comp. Tech., and Comp. Engineeri

Ya all are almost the same things but under different names.Not much of a difference!
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688

Upto third year both CSE and IT have same subjects.
    only for fourth year they have different optional subjects.
    Correct me if I am wrong?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi

The_Big_K
    In my humble opinion, all those branches were created by the crooks who sell education. With so many branches, colleges can admit more number of students for teaching similar subjects under various heads. Whatever!
    Have a look at following discussion - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Exactly right. No more to say.
  • TJay
    TJay

So after reading the discussion it seems that more or less all branches are similar. I think i should go for CS because its globally recognised.
    Thanks 😀
  • durga ch
    durga ch

@ - is it possible for you to acquire the sylabus of all the courses and see? Lets not do a guess work when you are starting with your course/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi this is Tejaswini from Nagpur, India. Glad to be with engineers from all over the world. 😁
Microsoft's Project Natal is now officially called 'Microsoft Kinect', USA Today revealed. The trend started by Nintendo with its gaming console, WII has entered into next phase. Project NATAL (Kinect)...
The IT services major company, Cognizant Pune, is now charging for facilities it should otherwise provide to employees for free. The employees will now have to pay Rs. 25/- per...

Vco

hello. please anyone help me with the voltage controlled oscillator circuits alongwith the components used being specified clearly.
I read an article that said companies pay their employees for their time and not for the value they create. I don't know whether this is true or not; but...