What is the difference between BufferedStreams and Channels in java ?

I have seen that Channel has got more preference over BufferedStreams.Suppose i have writeen a program to copy a file.If i use Channel there then the speed with which the information is transfered is more speedy then the one with BufferedStream.
Can anyone tell me the reason why channel is more speedy than BufferedStream ?
What are the differences between BufferedStreams and Channels in java ?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Buffered Stream the bitrate is very low... Where as channel stream doesn't have a bit rate... 馃榿
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    But why Buffered Stream bitrate is low ?
    And why channel stream doesn't have a bitrate ?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Buffered stream as it says, it splits the files into many parts and buffers it one by one. Whereas channel is a serial port... 馃榾

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo has taken a lead in adopting the newly accepted rupee symbol on their hardware for Indian customers. The Think Centre M60e desktop is India's first to have a rupee...
Facebook, after learning from Sony Qriocity and PSN network hacks has released a new program to reward the researchers and engineers who report bugs in Facebook's site. If you sign...
Hello All, I,Abhishek Jain worked as a software engineer in TCS.I have done my Engg. in Mechatronics from Manipal Institute of Technology.Since,I am a Mechtronics engg.,I am really interested in...
hi..... friends my self arpit jain btech 2nd year civil engineering udaipur india i require an idea for making a college level project based on civil it more better if...
[FONT="]1. [/FONT]Write a complete program based on the following requirements. In main( ) function: 路 Ask the user to enter 10 integer numbers. 路 Determine the largest and smallest number...