What is SAP?

Actually in my training I got the stream as SAP.We know that in java we do programming etc.,Similarly what exactly should the SAP trainee engineer will do?
Also please provide detailed note on SAP.And give me some sites or resources or materials so that I can learn more about it.
Another doubt of mine is HOW CAN EXPERTISE IN SAP IF IT IS NOT ACCESSIBLE OUTSIDE (without liscence)?And what is the use of ABAP plugin in eclipse?

P.S. I am a total beginner in SAP.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Hey @sindhuchowary !. Don't worry you'r getting a good profile. first lemme brief you about SAP. You may be well versed with it.

SAP (Systems Applications and Products) is the world’s leading provider of business software which specializes in industry specific Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions.
    It is implemented in 9 out of every 10 Fortune 500 company.
    You'll be handling the role of SAP Associate , SAP Consultant in your organisation .

Various Modules available in SAP are

1. Technical Modules :- ABAP, BASIS

2. Functional Modules:- Human Resource, CRM, BI, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Plant Maintenance, FICO, Production Planning,

Types of SAP Consultant

1) Business/Sales consultant - They try to win projects at customer end – without knowing much about SAP

2) SAP Functional Consultant – The are responsible for customizing SAP as per customer demand. They talk with developers to code custom ABAP programs as per client requirements.

3) Developer consultant – They are responsible for coding ABAP/Java Programs

4) SAP Basis consultant – They help in installing , maintenance and performance tuning of SAP servers and databases

Above are the major consulting roles found in almost all SAP projects. Depending on the nature and size of project there may be other consulting roles as well such as SAP security consultant, SAP Techno-functional consultants etc.

Try Getting Technical Roles (SAP ABAP or SAP Basis) .

P.S. SAP consultants enjoy a premium remuneration over their IT counterparts 😁

P.S. II: First check which module are you getting into & then start learning it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Having worked in SAP Sales and Distribution module as a functional consultant, let me assure you that it is a promising career option.

#-Link-Snipped-# has given really good information about the basic. That's all you need to know if you're about to begin your training.

To learn using SAP, you will have to practice it only in your workspace. SAP is a LOT about knowledge of the functional domain. You'll find that most people working in SAP's functional side have prior industry experience.
    For example - Someone who is working in SAP Finance might have a background as a CA or might come from a banking related company.

Only when you know what can go wrong in a particular section of the company (i.e. Human Resource, CRM, BI, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Plant Maintenance, FICO, Production Planning) can one understand how it is implemented in SAP and how to solve it.

If you do get into the technical side of it i.e. ABAP, it would mean fixing codes, writing programs that build a SAP module and such.

Let us know what you get or what you choose and we'll discuss it further.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang took the center stage at the company’s annual GPU Technology Conference in San Jose, California to announce the Pascal GPU family that will succeed the recent...
Hello all How do we implement a look-up table on fpga? Do you know any websites or free ebooks that could help me?
After pocketing Whatsapp for $16 billion, Facebook has gone ahead and acquired Oculus VR for $2 billion. For the uninitiated, Oculus VR is the company which created the Oculus Rift...
Seagate, the world's leading data storage company, has launched two new HDD options in India. The first one is a 4TB Backup Plus Fast Portable Drive and the other one...
Meet Tsunamiball - the houseboat that promises to keep you and your family safe from deadly Tsunami waves. Creator of Tsunamiball, Chris Robinson decided to work on this DIY project...