what is RFID technology?

what is rfid technology ?how it works?is it entirely different from barcode reading system?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Saijayadeep
    what is rfid technology ?how it works?is it entirely different from barcode reading system?
    rfid is a radio frequency identification,it is an emerging technology. it is mainly used for security reasons. it is used to describe a system that transmit the identity of a person of object wireless through radio frequency.

there are three main components in it.
    1.rf tag
    2.antenna or reciever
    3.transceiver.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And Basic Principle of RFID is Mutual inductance. Both transmitter or reader and Tag has coils and communicate via mutual inductance.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Please give me brief idea of each component.. And one more thing security of what?barcode also describes a system..then whats the difference between two?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Both has different communication medium. One works on light reflection and another on radio frequency. Google it for more information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A big hello to all, I'm a 37 year chemical engineer -working professional. I hail from the sate of Assam in India. Although I'm not new to foruming (I am...
NASA is scheduling its biggest spacecraft maneuver for Mars spacecraft. The proceedings will start 3 P.M PST on 11 January. The mission is about finding life on Mars. Scientists are...
Those of you wish to develop app, may apply at Ford. The automobile company is giving a chance to everyone who wants to develop SYNC compatible app. For more information,...
Govt. launching cheap tablets across india... Who is the first from CE who got delivered...??? Share ur practical reviews regarding this cheap yet effective TAB...
Concept of Design of Tension Member: Subjected to Axial and Bending in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati. Feel...