What is Precision Engineering?

While browsing the Internet, I stumbled upon the term 'Precision Engineering'. I wasn't familiar with the term, so decided to find out more information about it. Upon search, I found the following information which I think you might find useful -

1. Precision Engineering is a sub-branch of various major engineering disciplines like Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering & Optical Engineering.

2. It's mostly about design & study of machines, fixtures and structures with very low or ultra-low tolerance.

Precision engineering helps in predicting the nanoscale motions. Machine tool errors obey cause-and-effect relationships and they are not random in nature.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Beijing, China, Dec.17, 2010 – GstarCAD, one of the world leading providers of 2D/3D CAD software, today announced the pre-release of GstarCAD 2011 version for public evaluation on Nov.30. Designed...
Well, I was reading through Kaustubh's post about the interview question 'your greatest weakness' and as much as I agree with whatever 'The Big K' has written over there, I...
As an engineer, most of the times we are thinking about building something new, improving something that's already there or sometimes even entirely changing the way something works. But there...
Typical fresh engineering graduate Interviews follow a pattern. I'm extending Kartik's post titled strategizing for interviews. In his posts, Kartik (KGV) talks about preparing well for your favorite topic in...
What is Artificial Intelligence, well Wikipedia says and I quote - Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence of machines and the branch of computer science that aims to create it....