What is pneumatics?

hey, plz say me about pneumatics and if this technology can use to make rotatory motion to drive a vehicle

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    pneumatics is a branch of Mechanical Engineering, which uses air as a medium to operate machines. A compressed air is provided to various parts of a machine which causes motion of the parts. Doors of a metro train operated pneumatically is one example of pneumatics that I can be told.
  • gohm
    gohm
    yes, there are several companies in Europe that have developed air powered vehicles. A French firm (the name escapes me right now...) has been highly successful and even working on incorporating a compressor on-board to re-charge the tanks!
  • tkveera
    tkveera
    We need air compressor to run pneumatic equipment, for that we will use motor to compress, so no chance in using in vehicles, because it is very big equipment.
  • Differential
    Differential
    tkveera
    We need air compressor to run pneumatic equipment, for that we will use motor to compress, so no chance in using in vehicles, because it is very big equipment.
    There are sets of compressors coupled with motor which are very handy, noiseless which you can use in vehicles as well. You may have to do little search for them!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a link to some photos I took today at the 2009 Int'l auto show in DC (too many to try and post). As you can tell I really liked...
Yo CEans! Any of you have any RC helicopter experiences you'd like to share? I currently have a Art tech MD500 I'm sharing with friends for a group project. At...
Hello, I have done my BE in Electronics and Telecom. Engg.(E&TC). Then I got job in Software MNC. Now I would like to pursue my PG in CS. So I...
CEans, Our CEans - MayurPathak has launched his own startup 😀 , while we all wait to hear from Mayur about his company; have a look at company's official URL...
why we are using carbon brush in dc generator instead of copper brush?