What is Mobile Computing?

Hi guys!

Can any one give me a brief description about Mobile Computing? What is the use of it? And what are the advantages of it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mobile computing isn't any 'new technology'. Its simply computing on the go; meaning, computing on the portable devices like iPhone, Blackberry, Laptop, Tablets, PDAs etc.
  • louis
    louis
    sahithi pallavi
    Hi guys!

Can any one give me a brief description about Mobile Computing? What is the use of it? And what are the advantages of it?
    visit forums for more infromation
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    louis
    visit forums for more infromation

What forums?
  • sookie
    sookie
    Well, for me Mobile Computing was an elective subject in my B.Tech final year. In this subject we were taught how mobile and wireless computing is done. Architectures of how every mobile and wireless device is designed. How important and innovative is this mobile way of computer technology. Subject was damn good but was as always made most boring because of no practicals. 😐

Well, feel free to ask any specific questions related to this vast topic.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Some Advantages....

You do not have to sit at one place to do your work.

work From anywhere .....

do not have to bind yourself to a certain place.

communicate with other people no matter where you are

do your office work while sitting anywhere.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for your information sookie and mahesh.
  • chicago
    chicago
    Mobile Computing is a generic term describing one's ability to use technology while moving, as opposed to portable computers, which are only practical for use while deployed in a stationary configuration.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • callyD
    callyD
    Simply being able to use a computing device even when being mobile and therefore changing location. Mobile Computing is a generic term describing the application of small, portable, and wireless computing and communication devices. This includes devices like laptops with wireless LAN technology, mobile phones, wearable computers and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) with Bluetooth or IRDA interfaces, and USB flash drives.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in bluetooth technology,frequency is changed 1600 times/second(for security reason).Why this much hoping is done where we can secure data with only 10 or 15 hopes/second.any genuine reason for so much...
hi all, I am trying to simulate something in matlab. Problem: 66kv line coming to the local substation of a company. From there, through different stepdown transformers, finally from a...
I am new here! Nice to see all of you!! I need all your advice if i post some question here! Thanks!!!😁
Ever since Gmail [and Adsense] started, people have raised concerns that Google employees may login to other's Gmail accounts to read mails. But Google says their employees don't login to...
REFERRAL NAME: Vinay Gudivada Drive Fresh talent to take their first step towards success! Freshers – 2009 Fresh B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA Good and Consistent academic record...