What is memory bank ?

What is memory bank ?
please give a brief idea about this ??

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Are you talking about garbage collection or the memory pool?
  • xxxabhash007
    xxxabhash007
    1.)A logical unit of storage.
    2.)Hardware independent.
    3.)Determined by the memory access controller and the CPU along with physical organization of the hardware memory slots.
    For more reference:Memory Bank
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I think memory bank is part of the cache memory.
    ->Same as memory block which is a part of the main memory.
    ->Cache memory is divided into number of blocks.That is known as memory bank.
    ->It's a logical concept because in reality blocks does not exist.

That much i know after reading.Correct me if i am wrong somewhere!!

@xabhash It's hardware dependent not independent.

@Win I think memory pool is a different concept than memory bank.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Ok.
    Thanks for the new concept 😀.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The original price of an article was reduced by 25 percent. During a special sale the new price was decreased by 10 percent. By approximately what percent would the price...
Hey CEans! Seems like Sikorsky has designed a prototype helicopter called X2 that can fly more than 400 kph 😀 Click for article Anyone remember watching Airwolf on TV? That...
Consider the following moving cam (rotating round bit) with follower (straight rod): The follower is of fixed length and is attached to a fixed point on the rotating cam while...
Hi folks.This is a show for automotive guns.So if your are interested then just join the party. For more information :: AUTOCAR PERFORMANCE SHOW 2010 ::.
Hey guys out there.This is the wonderful oppurtunity for those who are top designers.Sorry to say that today is last date for registration. so hurry :: DESIGN THE NEXT CHEVROLET...