What is meant by "REVERSE TEATHERING"?

I had searched many websites on how to share my internet connection in the Personal computer to my android powered mobile phone but I ended in a thread that it can be done only if the phone was rooted. Now After @#-Link-Snipped-# help I had managed to root my phone. So I am here to ask if anyone know ablut reverse teathering . Is there anyone who had used it? What is the procedure to reverse teather my phone? Do I need any specific app to be downloaded and installed so that I would be able to reverse it?
What are the other applications of Reverse teathering?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Tethering is when you share your mobile's internet connection with computer. Reverse tethering is the reverse i.e. sharing of computer's internet connection with mobile.

If you've a laptop or a wifi card in your PC, you don't require to root your phone. You can just download this software #-Link-Snipped-# and share your internet connection over wifi. The application is pretty straight forward.

However, if wifi is not an option for you, you can share the internet connection via usb cable. This does requires root.
    More information on tethering over usb can be found here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Both the methods are fully tested by me and they work. I am not aware of any application that allows the reverse tethering over bluetooth.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you are using your laptop over LAN or USB dongal, you can share your internet to mobile or anyother device over wifi or bluetooth.
    This is generally known as Hotspot.

I don't know how this reverse tethering term really make sense in any particular way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I visited the thermal power plant they told the in large alternators sealed hydrogen gas is used for cooling the rotor ........is there any reasons behind that and why other...
Spice’s Smart Flo Pace series has got its latest member with the launch of Spice Smart Flo Pace 3. This smartphone has a 5-inch TFT LCD display with a resolution...
i am doing project on smart metering based on plc ...........any idea about this
Before we begin, we would like to clarify this is not a new product from the Cupertino giant, but a one off piece Leica camera designed by Jonathan Ive for...
Friends generally I have seen transformers used in small equipment like chargers etc have windings of naked wire and separation between two layers is done by some fabric material..... My...