From the Archives
Archived discussions on CrazyEngineers

@Ankita Katdare • 23 Feb, 2015 • 3 likes
From what I understand, Liquid Electricity isn't real (yet). As a part of silent films, it was used to showcase a liquid substance that's generally glowing and stored in bottles. In some films, it was shown that the 'liquid electricity' is used to provide energy and super-speed when used as a fuel for automobiles, aircraft, and machines of all sorts.
In 1987's movie Spaceballs, a similar substance called "Liquid Schwartz" is used to power a spaceship in the same manner as liquid electricity.

Even if the term is derived from science-fiction, possibly is that going to become a real thing?

Well, that said, quite interestingly a lot of engineers are google liquid electricity as a topic of their seminar in colleges. That led me to think that it might've become a real thing.. meaning research on it must be progressing.

I googled up to find the available information on the topic, and came up with the following resources.

Liquid Electricity as fuel for automobiles of the future:

Every car's battery needs to be recharged. What recharging does is to change the state of the electrolyte fluid in the batteries. Innovation Network in Utrecht, a Dutch government research organisation, has come up with a solution. They suggest pumping the spent electrolyte out and pump in freshly charged electrolyte — literally, liquid electricity.

A paper by Saurabh Gupta on Liquid Electricity
https://www.dcetech.com/ieee/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/liquid.pdf

Cambridge Crude—The Liquid Fuel in a New Battery Architecture
https://www.technologytoday.us/columnPDF/Cambridge_Crude_Liquid_Battery_Charge.pdf

^ That's the only concrete work I could find on the topic.

Would like to know the opinions of CEans on Liquid Electricity. What is Liquid Electricity? Where is it headed? Can it ever be a real thing? What needs to be worked upon?

Please respond below.
@showstealer • 02 Mar, 2015 Great post! !! I appericiate your work ma'am . Surely a great topic to be worked upon . But It is really disheartening to see that there is no reply on this topic yet.
@Ankita Katdare • 02 Mar, 2015 Hmm. We might have to tag people who could be keen on discussing this concept.
@Poonam Chaskar • 05 Mar, 2015 hello mam, I like this topic & I would like to knw more about liquid electricity
@Chand Mondal • 08 Mar, 2015 interesting ......
@Ramani Aswath • 08 Mar, 2015
Ankita Katdare
Can it ever be a real thing? What needs to be worked upon?
May be something is already on.
Quote:
Aston Martin will debut its most powerful vehicle yet. Bugatti will display the final installation of the legendary Veyron. Not to be overshadowed by McLaren or Ferrari, Lamborghini will reveal upgrades to the Aventador. Mercedes delivers a lime-green mini monster truck. Audi will announce the R8 e-tron, an all-electric sports car with better specs than a Tesla Model S. Even so, perhaps none of these are as significant as the nanoFlowcell Quant F. The company released the Quant E at Geneva last year, and returns in 2015 with the improved Quant F.

Flow Battery Technology
As the name suggests, the Quant F is powered by flow battery technology. Flow batteries are a NASA spin-off that have existed for decades, but have always had trouble obtaining a comparable energy density to Lithium-ion batteries.
Endquote

https://insights.globalspec.com/arti...rk=cr4digest&et_rid=419257195&et_mid=77345628
@Ankita Katdare • 28 Jun, 2016 There has been several references to liquid electricity as a fictional substance that powers up things.

In the 1987 movie called 'Spaceballs', something called the "Liquid Schwartz" was used to power a spaceship. See the video here:

@VIJAY.G AMAR • 19 Jul, 2016 Hello sir I like to take seminar about liquid electricity i know something about it but i need some help to give my presentation about liquid electricity
@Ramani Aswath • 19 Jul, 2016 A whole lot of research publications on Flow Battery Technology here:
Flow Battery Technology - Google Scholar
@VIJAY.G AMAR • 19 Jul, 2016
A.V.Ramani
A whole lot of research publications on Flow Battery Technology here:
Flow Battery Technology - Google Scholar
Sir what is the relation between flow battery technology and liquid electricity
@Ramani Aswath • 19 Jul, 2016 Flow Battery Technology is 'liquid electricity' in lay man's parlance.
@raghasudha • 23 Aug, 2017 can somebody explain what is meant by liquid electricity.....??

Related Posts

Archives

@Vikash gupta · Jul 11, 2016

1. C-DAC (Head Quarters) Pune Rank 1-300 c-dac HQ has been the best from the start. 2. C-DAC Knowledge Park Rank 1-300 I got very positive feedback from my friends...
Archives

@Prajakta Kelapure · Jul 29, 2014

Transition and Diffusion capacitanceTransition capacitances:1. When P-N junction is reverse biased the depletion region act as an insulator or as a dielectric medium and the p-type an N-type region have...
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 11, 2011

I couldn't find a list of best colleges for MS in Instrumentation Engineering. Here are a few colleges that offer instrumentation courses. Excelsior College Salt Lake Community College San Jacinto...
Archives

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 22, 2009

This is my favorite topic and I can't stop discussing it infinite times. I'm still to find better answers. I always believed bicycles could be modified to make them smoother...
Archives

@NAGOORJOHN · Oct 9, 2015

HOW MUSH TIME MUST SPENT IN GATE STU-DING EVERY DAY FOR MECHANICAL I WANT IMPORTANT TOPICS LIST