What is Knowledge?

Hi Guys can you please explain me about Knowledge.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    When you read a book, then you are learning facts or statistics or theory or whatever name you want to give them. When you use those facts etc and understand how and when to use them, that is knowledge.
    Eg. You may read a derivation of a mathematic theoram. The fact gets stored in your mind. Now when you apply it to a question and understand when and where to use the theoram, you gain knowledge about it.

The second step is wisdom, when you ponder on the knowledge you have gained.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What you "know" is your "know" ledge . The name itself indicates it.
    knowledge means its the sum of what you know( either by reading or listening or seeing or doing).

Its only my opinion. correct me if i am wrong.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS...THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As my Info Theory & Coding lecturer succinctly puts it, knowledge is anything that you have received. Anything not received yet is considered information. Thats it 😀
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ash
    As my Info Theory & Coding lecturer succinctly puts it, knowledge is anything that you have received. Anything not received yet is considered information. Thats it 😀
    So as for your views knowledge is different from information and if an information is not received and that is not knowledge.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    sahithi pallavi
    knowledge means its the sum of what you know( either by reading or listening or seeing or doing).

Its only my opinion. correct me if i am wrong.

Knowledge by tasting and sensing through nose??
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hi guys I have got different answers from all of you.Now I had another doubt

What is the different between Learning,Knowledge and Wisdom?

If we can't receive information and unable to reproduce then is not a Knowledge?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    sahithi pallavi

Nice point Sahithi..
  • sookie
    sookie
    Flow cycle starts from Data-->Wisdom. [Note: Please start reading from Data to upwards direction.]

Wisdom [When acquired knowledge is used in right and correct direction in best way, it is called as "Wisdom"]
    ^
    |
    Knowledge [Information acquired by any individual either by education, practically or theoretically or experience etc..]
    ^
    |
    Information [Processed data which is made meaningful]
    ^
    |
    Data [can be anything - Processing depends on human brains or computers]
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Thank you sookie.Nice answer.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    sookie
    Flow cycle starts from Data-->Wisdom. [Note: Please start reading from Data to upwards direction.]

Wisdom [When acquired knowledge is used in right and correct direction in best way, it is called as "Wisdom"]
    ^
    |
    Knowledge [Information acquired by any individual either by education, practically or theoretically or experience etc..]
    ^
    |
    Information [Processed data which is made meaningful]
    ^
    |
    Data [can be anything - Processing depends on human brains or computers]

You have defined experience as wisdom here. Judging by the flow chart your have produced, after knowledge the next step will be experience.
  • sookie
    sookie
    Hi raj87verma88

Dear, check the flow chart carefully, experience is marked at "Knowledge" level only. Experience also helps us to gain knowledge.Trust me or not for this chart -your wish but this was what I remembered we were taught in our "Data Warehousing" subject somewhere. 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    dileep k
    Knowledge by tasting and sensing through nose??
    ya, thats too your knowledge. Its nothing but what you received or what you know is knowlege.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone give me the link for presentation of internal and external sort😔
I'm wondering why this discussion hasn't come up on CE yet. Can anyone here talk about creating our own Web-Spider (crawler)? I bet it would be an interesting discussion.
Hey friends, I am using Vista Ultimate. It is good. But the problem is the space in C partition is decreasing day by day for no files. How can i...

hi

Hi iam srujana, iam from india(andhra pradesh)and studying b.tech 3 rd year.My hobbies are playing shettle,doing yoga,watching tv,chatting with friends.
Do you know why the INDIA is still a developing country.!​ Indians are the blooming flowers and buds in the marvelous garden called India. But Indians are in such a...