What is keeping India's engineers unemployed?

what is keeping India's engineers unemployed?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Similar debate was initiated by #-Link-Snipped-# back then.
    If you like to check on the entire debate, then here's the link : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    renu sharma
    what is keeping India's engineers unemployed?
    Very broad topic. I won't agree that Indian engineers are unemployed. India produces engineers in bulk and people prefer engineering for the heck of getting jobs. That's the reason there's shortage of quality engineers who ultimately find it difficult to get absorbed into the job world.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A B.Tech Degree doth not an engineer make.
    While it may be true that there are many unemployed engineering graduates, the issue may be,'Are they employable?'

One may not agree with all that is said in these links. Yet they do give the flavour.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    What Makes a Good Engineer | Design. Build. Play.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the reasons are :

1. not all b.tech degree holders are employable.

2. there is now a saturation in the job market. supply has exceeded the demand.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am sorry to state this

A qualified BE Student has very less knowledge compared to some interested second year students

The Interest level in an engineer always makes him/her unique
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Interest level is everything that matters in present day. I have seen very less students in colleges around Hyderabad who are actually interested in the engineering trade that they do. Many of them do engineering for just getting a degree in hand. This does spoil the employ ability metrics in a broad picture.

I have personally interviewed engineers having 2 to 3 years of experience and knowing less about the job they have been doing since then. I am sorry to say this but there are many companies who have a predefined way of doing projects, such that it becomes a habit for anyone to come over and perform the steps and get the job done..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Username mr03 of Reddit network, created a visual comparison of evolution of Android over the years which I would like to share with you : Long Live Droid ๐Ÿ˜
Patents,Copyright,DRMS - the neverending blight of technology industry which are wielded by the companies who lacks the innovation & can't compete with the rivals, finally gonna hate President Obama for...
The title says it all : - Do you think, copyrighting the code should be allowed ? If yes, then explain Why ? - Or you believe in Free codes,...
Many of us need to download YouTube Videos, and for this, there is an excellent plugin for Firefox browser. Go to the official site of firefox (https://www.addons.mozilla.org) and search for...
In many Indian Movies I have seen that when brake failure happens they struggle for a long time and hit on the lamp post/a tree or it may lead to...