What is importance of Open Access, Open Source, and Open Standards

The open access,open source software and open standards concepts have been increased attention now a days so what is importance of these ?
just for curiosity...

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Open source makes available the source code of the software to the public for free. As it is free, it attracts more attention (Thanks to Richard Stallman).n). You are even allowed to modify the code according to your needs. Moreover, making the software open source paces its development.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    One of the main importance of open source is:
    When your software is open source anyone can see the source code and able to modify it as per their needs. So it will get better each time.
    The use of open standards can assure interoperability of diverse systems and long lasting preservation.
  • safwan
    safwan
    Brother , Here is the link for you all terms 😛

Openaccess

#-Link-Snipped-#

Open Standard

In my own language open Access is Access to any thing freelly .

Open Source is Access to source code of software freely you can freely get it and manupulate it . 😁
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    thank you 😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you want to know what applications are slowing down your machine, check out this blog:- What Really slows Windows down
Hi CEian`s i am doing my Master`s degree project on video content analysis. The main objective of my project is to detect and extract Overlay text in video which should...
can anyone explain what is work of jumper in hard-disk?
As a continuation of my previous post about Wireless Mesh Network topologies Applications: HOME network: Consider a home with a wireless router, what if there are black points where you...
hi ceans, I want to know about waht we actually mean when we say that this processor is dual core or quad core & this processor has 2 or 4...