What is image processing?

friends could you please tell me what is image processing?

Replies

• ultimatechange
    ultimatechange
    Image processing typically attempts to accomplish one of three things:
    1. restoring images
      • Restoration takes a corrupted image and attempts to recreate a clean original
    2. enhancing images
      • Enhancement alters an image to makes its meaning clearer to human observers
    3. understanding images
      • understanding usually attempts to mimic the human visual system in extracting meaning from an image
  • priyamanju
    priyamanju
    Thank you....
  • priyamanju
    priyamanju
    could you please give some more concepts of image processing...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    priyamanju
    could you please give some more concepts of image processing...
    Image processing is basically about digital signal processing. Not sure what you mean by more concepts of image processing. The best way to start understanding image processing is by collecting basic information about it. Wikipedia could be a great place to start to understand what it is about.
  • priyamanju
    priyamanju
    Thank you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    priyamanju
    Thank you
    Answering 'what is' questions can get very difficult at times. Like Biggie said, read as much as you can about Image processing and come back here to ask us what you didn't understand from that text. 😀 We can help you a lot better then.
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    Transformation of images,

retrieveing images as it is sent

is the image processing

it is a vast field and advance level of signal processing

as image is also a form of signal.

We study about the algorithms

which would make the images to fine level

removing the echo and noises (in signals, it has a different meaning)

and also, protection of images from getting distorted
  • Pattabhi
    Pattabhi
    Images are treated like matrices with values based on intensities and then operations/transformations are performed on them.
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    Pattabhi
    Images are treated like matrices with values based on intensities and then operations/transformations are performed on them.

thats why MATLAB is used.

it is all MATHEMATICS

all the foureir transforms etc
  • ultimatechange
    ultimatechange
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    you can also refer :: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everybody! Just noticed that I haven't introduced myself. Name:Anuraadha Engineering Trade:Civil Location: 'Singara' Chennai Occupation: Working in Landon Seah as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor-Trainee. Work Experience: 2 months 😁...
friends help me out with the concept of cloud computing....
My dream company is BOSCH....can anyone share their experience of attending Bosch and their tips to prepare for the same....
while((c=getch())!=13) { pass[z++]=c; printf("%c",'*'); } I used this while loop to take the input of the password. Everything works fine until no "wrong" key is pressed. the problem is, suppose,...
My name is Ravi I'm student now studying 3rd year betech ece in yogivemana university proddatur More intersted in doing mini project like radio TX and rx ,sensor based projects...