What is Google Trends? How Google Trends Works?

With Google Trends, you can compare the world’s interest in your favorite topics. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched on Google over time. Google Trends also shows how frequently your topics have appeared in Google News stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them most.

Google Trends analyzes a portion of Google web searches to compute how many searches have been done for the terms you enter, relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time. They show us that through a Search Volume Index graph.

Located beneath the Search Volume Index graph is the News reference volume graph. This graph shows you the number of times your topic appeared in Google News stories.

When Google Trends detects a spike in the volume of news stories for a particular search term, it labels the graph and displays the headline of an automatically selected Google News story written near the time of that spike.

Currently, only English-language headlines are displayed, but they hope to support non-English headlines in the future.
Below the search and news volume graphs, Trends displays the top regions, cities, and languages in which people searched for the first search term you entered.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With an in-built Resume Builder Facility brought about by LinkedIn, now you can convert your LinkedIn Profile into a beautiful resume in seconds. No more messing around with multiple Word...
There is some news for the GRE takers. INSEAD, one of the top business schools in the world, recently announced that it would begin accepting GRE test scores for admission...
Example for dynamic force analysis using " ansys "
hello friends, check these codes.. import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; import java.awt.event.*; public class pp extends Applet implements ActionListener { TextField t; Button b; public void init() { setLayout(new FlowLayout()); t=...
Hello friends, Just logged in to tell you that my PC mouse has been broken. Therefore I am here to get some advice to buy a new wireless mouse. I...